Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: youtube videos changed color suddenly?

Beans

Re: youtube videos changed color suddenly?

Thanks tlan for the detailed reply. Unfortunately it did not solve my problem. I don't have the 'smurf' issue but flash video is still crashing my system even after reverting flash versions the way you described.

Any other ideas?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by xchecker View Post
    Thanks tlan for the detailed reply. Unfortunately it did not solve my problem. I don't have the 'smurf' issue but flash video is still crashing my system even after reverting flash versions the way you described.

Any other ideas?

what version of flash are you using.

right click the windows and look for the version #

Beans

version = 10.0.32.18

New thought: Could it be a sound problem? I've just had the system crash twice now while listening to tunes through Banshee and I wasn't watching any youtube videos at the time. Hmmmm....
    Last edited by xchecker; June 3rd, 2012 at 03:47 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by xchecker View Post
    version = 10.0.32.18

New thought: Could it be a sound problem? I've just had the system crash twice now while listening to tunes through Banshee and I wasn't watching any youtube videos at the time. Hmmmm....

thats the problem you are still using 10.0 which does crash

you need the 11.1.102.63. finish the below steps

5. Go here and download this file
    http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get...63_archive.zip
    6. extract the file
    7. open the extracted folder and find the version either 32 or 64bit
    8. open that folder and extract the file that pertains to your OS
    9. launch terminal and type sudo nautilus which will open your file manager
    10. browse to the location of the extracted folders and you will see a usr folder,
    11. Copy and paste that folder over the /usr folder at the root
    12. also copy and paste the (11.xx.xx) libflashplayer.so file to the /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins folder overwriting the version10 file from the previous step 3

Reboot

all this must be done using sudo nautilus, and keep the downloaded files handy just in case.

Beans

Agreed, right click....tweak hardware acceleration....blue people are gone. And all is right in the Linux multiverse once more.

Beans

Well, I went through the steps again and Flash now indicates the proper version, but it is still crashing. I'll go through it again just to double check and see if I get any different result.

The other odd thing that happens with Firefox - and this may be unrelated - is that when I launch it, my homepage does not come up even though I have it set to open upon launch in the Firefox settings. CLicking on HOME will bring it up OK. I mention this only because when I completed your instructions this time and rebooted, Firefox actually launched my homepage finally, but after it crashed again the homepage didn't come back on the restart.

Beans

Re: RESOLVED: youtube videos changed color suddenly? - Flash Blue Tint

Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    Flash-Aid can do that for you as well. Get the flash player version you need from Adobe. Extract the archive, find the tar.gz file corresponding to your architecture (don't extract it) and copy it. Open Flash-Aid Advanced mode, select "Custom" in the installation option, paste the tar.gz path in the field. Click the Script tab, then Execute. Flash-Aid will remove all installed flash versions and install the one from the tar.gz file in the proper location.
    Thank you. This solution worked perfectly. Make sure you (a) use Advanced Mode [Tools, Flash Aid, Advanced Mode} (b) Check Override GPU Validation and (c) UNCHECK Enable Linux HWVideo decode - If you don't then you cannot jump forward in YouTube playback.

(Ubuntu 12.04 - AMD Quad Core Bulldozer 64Bit - Unity 3D - Firefox 13.0 - NVidia GT 440)

Beans

The solution to use flash 11.1.102 worked since today for me, but now firefox is blocking it for unsafe... :S

any ideas to solve it?

EDIT: I solved it uninstalling libvdpau1, but now audio is choppy... I think I've a problem with jack & pulseaudio when using flash (I'm using Ubuntu Studio)... If I stop jack, all works fine... I'll continue investigating...
    Last edited by shimoda; March 28th, 2013 at 04:07 PM.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112