Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: youtube videos changed color suddenly?

Beans

Re: youtube videos changed color suddenly?

Quote Originally Posted by Resplendent Raven View Post
    Figured it wouldn't be so hard, but i now managed to make the directory by searching how to make a directory as root.
    But now i can't figure out how to make the file itself inside the folder
    Use a text editor like 'vim'. Or else do this (as root):

Code:
    cd /etc/adobe
    cat >mms.cfg
    ... (the lines you want in mms.cfg)
    ^D (press ctrl-D to end)

Beans

I tried
    Code:
    cat >mms.cfg
    But it's telling me that access is denied, also for some reason cd /etc/adobe
    puts me in etc/adobe$

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

If you are using Ubuntu you can type

Code:
    gksudo nautilus
    into a terminal and that will allow you to create a text file as root with right click.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I installed the latest beta Flash using Firefox's Flash-Aid plugin and that solved it, the Smurfs are gone.

Cheers!
    husband@wife$ make sandwich
    Permission denied
    husband@wife$ sudo make sandwich

Beans

First of all, thank you guys for the great help.
    But now that i finally made the file with the "EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=1" line and rebooted, i still have smurfs..

Will there be another update that will fix this, or am i really supposed to fiddle away until i finally find something that works.
    Also noticed that the plugin now crashes a lot and that didn't happen before either ...

Beans
    Distro

The true answer here is adobe released a faulty plugin which they have known about for quite a few months while it was in Beta. They no longer support Firefox with Linux.

You do have a couple of options. You can roll back your flash plugin to 11.1.102.63 or you can re-enable hardware acceleration which will most likely solve your crashes and use the Flash Video replacer add-on to watch youtube videos. Most other sites should work fine.

Beans

Those crashes already occured before I made the mms.cfg file.
    I will look into the Flash-Aid plugin and the rolling back option.
    I watch YT quite a lot, so it quite bothers me.

If I understand you correctly, future versions will still include this bug or is it thinkable that it somehow will be fixed?

Beans
    Distro

Well hopefully someone at Adobe might decide to look into it as I have no doubt the outcry will get louder and louder as more people update or got to watch a video. Adobe hass only promised security updates after this version so your guess is as good as mine if they will fix it. The bug was closed by them when it was reported so I wouldn't hold my breath.

I've gotten used to watching my videos embedded on the youtube page with Mplayer. You can also choose a few options like WebM/Html5

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...videoreplacer/

If you want your flash back the way it was though in the short term your best bet is rolling back.

Beans

Oke, so if I am rolling back, what do I do exactly?
    I imagine I uninstall the current version using synaptic and then select the package via the link you provided earlier.
    Is it as easy as click and install or are there other things I should be mindful of?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by pootan View Post
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...videoreplacer/

If you want your flash back the way it was though in the short term your best bet is rolling back.
    FWIW, I've only had the color problem with avidemux, tho ti may have been caused by flash.

I rolled back the current 11.whatever flash to the 10.whatever version in the 10.04 repositories; youtube complained about the version.

Installed flashvideoreplacer (w/vlc setting) and got blue-skinned youtube videos for the first time!

Removed the videoreplacer and youtube is fine again, and so far it hasn't complained about the flash version (=10.?). videoreplacer also had minimal controls on "embedded" display, and no controls except pause on "new tab" (w/vlc), so I'm going to leave it removed.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast