Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: youtube videos changed color suddenly?

Beans

Re: youtube videos changed color suddenly?

Odd thing happened to me tonight.

MP4 videos play normally.
    FLV videos are blue/inverted colors
    however...and this is the strange thing...youtube videos are normal

When I last had this problem with blue videos rolling back the flash version to 10.2 fixed it. I am still on that version but now things have gone bad again...except for web videos. Maybe I have a plugin that's fixing it in Firefox.

Anyone got any suggestions for fixing blue non-web flash videos?

UPDATE: Turns out it was the old issue that people mentioned a long time ago about the hue on the totem movie player getting maxed. Switching everything back to defaults makes videos normal again. What the heck causes that to change? I've never messed with those settings before.
    Last edited by tweezak; April 18th, 2012 at 03:33 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    I haven't noticed anything wrong in your report. However, cince you are using adobeflashplugin, there is no need for the npwrapper. You can remove it with this:

Code:
    sudo apt-get purge nspluginwrapper
    I just noticed that you was trying to disable flash hardware acceleration in "Global Settings". It is just "Settings", not the global one.
    Thanks for the help. From this thread:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...8#post11855028

I got it resolved, but don't really know how. it just works now.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

The lack of respect for the free software community just make me wish one thing:
    Death to flash!!

And say welcome to the new html5!!

Beans

Thank you guys I disabled the harver acceleration and gone to be a html5 trial user, and now everything works. No more avatars Thank you.
    You really helped me

Beans

Smile Re: youtube videos changed color suddenly?

Well my fix in the thread did not work with 12.04. after attempting to fix it in 12.04 64bit using may different versions of flash. i decided to blow out my system and start over, which is much quicker that trying to figure it out.

most of the issues i have had with 12.04 i have been slowly figuring out and fixed so the system is more stable these days..

in 12.04 the version of flash that is the default install is 11.2 r202 and the adobe flash plugin installer is installed in software center, no smurfs

what i do remember that broke my system and caused the smurfs is I installed the ubuntu restricted extras which i have found i really do not need.

just pay attention and stay away from any flash update or the restricted extras and flash should be ok until adobe decides to support linux again or all sites switch to html5.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tlan View Post
    Well my fix in the thread did not work with 12.04. after attempting to fix it in 12.04 64bit using may different versions of flash. i decided to blow out my system and start over, which is much quicker that trying to figure it out.

most of the issues i have had with 12.04 i have been slowly figuring out and fixed so the system is more stable these days..

in 12.04 the version of flash that is the default install is 11.2 r202 and the adobe flash plugin installer is installed in software center, no smurfs

what i do remember that broke my system and caused the smurfs is I installed the ubuntu restricted extras which i have found i really do not need.

just pay attention and stay away from any flash update or the restricted extras and flash should be ok until adobe decides to support linux again or all sites switch to html5.
    Well as soon as i posted later i noticed i had the smurf/avatar affect and there were no updates. WTF

i went to my original fix for 11.10 and it worked

the key is to get flash player 10 the libflashplayer.so first and follow up with 11.1.102.63

Flash_11.1.102.63_archive, working again

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu

I just tried fullscreen of YouTube video in FF, right mouse clicked and unchecked hardware acceleration. Restarted browser and tried the video again and voila, no more blue peeps. Seems it is a global thing since it fixed the issue in Chromium.
    Ubuntu Registered User: 32964

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

That fixed it for me. Thanks!

Beans

I used the Flash-Aid add-on for Firefox and turned off HWaccel during install which got rid of the smurfs, but flash videos still crash my system.

I'm finding all the various and sometimes conflicting suggestions here confusing. Can anyone clarify what I should try next?

1) Roll back to an earlier Flash? (which one and how?)
    2) Use HTML5?
    3) Turn on or off some other feature?
    4) Something else?

I'm using 12.04, 32-bit Firefox and an NVidia graphics card.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by xchecker View Post
    I used the Flash-Aid add-on for Firefox and turned off HWaccel during install which got rid of the smurfs, but flash videos still crash my system.

I'm finding all the various and sometimes conflicting suggestions here confusing. Can anyone clarify what I should try next?

1) Roll back to an earlier Flash? (which one and how?)
    2) Use HTML5?
    3) Turn on or off some other feature?
    4) Something else?

I'm using 12.04, 32-bit Firefox and an NVidia graphics card.
    this is what worked for me, no need for the script or disabling HW acceration
    1. go to software center and search flash, click adobe flash plugin and click unistall/remove
    2. go here and down this file http://www.4shared.com/archive/EeBNi...10_linuxt.html or search for install_flash_player_10_linux
    extract the file which should be libflashplayer.so
    3. now open terminal and type sudo nautilus which will open your file manager with root privileges,
    browse to your home dir and the location of the downloaded file and copy it to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
    4.Reboot
    5. Go here and download this file
    http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get...63_archive.zip
    6. extract the file
    7. open the extracted folder and find the version either 32 or 64bit
    8. open that folder and extract the file that pertains to your OS
    9. launch terminal and type sudo nautilus which will open your file manager
    10. browse to the location of the extracted folders and you will see a usr folder,
    11. Copy and paste that folder over the /usr folder at the root
    12. also copy and paste the libflashplayer.so file to the /usr/lib/mnozilla/plugins folder overwriting the version10 file from the previous step 3

Reboot

all this must be done using sudo nautilus, and keep the downloaded files handy just in case.

this has worked for all of my PC's running 12.04 that had this problem,

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast