Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucid Lynx Flash update today not working. Version 11.2.202

Beans

Question Re: Flash update today not working.

I just downgraded to the previous version by uninstalling the updated problematic packages 'adobe-flashplugin' and 'adobe-flash-properties-gtk' (11.2.202.228) and installing the last working version (11.1.102.63). You can download them here: http://ubuntu.wbac.ac.th/archive-can...lugin/?C=M;O=D

Let's see if next updates fix the issue.

@Ubuntu 11.04
    Last edited by nemesisgus; April 4th, 2012 at 12:46 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Flash update today not working.

Big thanks to Lovinglinux..!! post#37
    Flash-Aid can do all that for you as well. Get the flash player version you need from Adobe. Extract the archive, find the tar.gz file corresponding to your architecture and copy it (don't extract it). Open Flash-Aid Advanced mode, select "Custom" in the installation option, paste the tar.gz path in the field. Click the Script tab, then Execute. Flash-Aid will remove all installed flash versions and install the one from the tar.gz file in the proper location.
    I have been struggling for days to restore flash and had almost given up hope but the above method worked superbly..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by robert shearer View Post
    Big thanks to Lovinglinux..!! post#37

I have been struggling for days to restore flash and had almost given up hope but the above method worked superbly..
    You are welcome.

Beans

To unsmurf my web-flash I disabled hardware acceleration. I didn't like to do that, though I assume that it will be fixed soon.

Another (maybe subsequently) odd thing is that there is something off with the buffer/rendering of flash since today.

You guys probably know why (hardware acceleration right) but flash lags and stutters/ audio sync is off when reaching the end of its buffer.

I have tried all combinations of adobeflashplugins possible. What do you suggest I should have installed?

flashplugin-installer 11.2.202.228ubuntu1

or

gnash/lightspark

or

adobe-flashplugin

or/and

nonfree-extra sound?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Donaldson View Post
    Bandaid solution-

Extract libflashplayer.so (11.1.102.55) from file downloaded at http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Utili...ux-18853.shtml

Move libflashplayer.so to folder usr/lib/flashplugin-installer

Worked on the chromium, firefox, seamonkey, midori
    I have done this and it works for me... as long as I'm logged in as root. If I use another account it no longer works. What have I missed?

Beans

A tiny detail from my “adobe flash” travails that might perhaps be of use to someone...

I followed yesterday's clear instruction of NEMESISGUS, installing the last working version 11.1.102.63 of both adobe-flashplugin and adobe-flash-properties-gtk. When to my surprise this at first did not work, causing the same black video screen on YouTube as before - indicating presence of a certain “sfwdec” player instead of the expected adobe flash - it finally occurred to me to uninstall the package swfdec-mozilla … and voilà - everything now worked!

(Before realising that the adobe “update” was to blame, over few days I had been installing a lot of unnecessary stuff - including the “toxic” swfdec-mozilla - lest it somehow made up what had been lacking... )

The great help from this forum is one of the reasons I stick with Ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Johan_D View Post
    A tiny detail from my “adobe flash” travails that might perhaps be of use to someone...

I followed yesterday's clear instruction of NEMESISGUS, installing the last working version 11.1.102.63 of both adobe-flashplugin and adobe-flash-properties-gtk. When to my surprise this at first did not work, causing the same black video screen on YouTube as before - indicating presence of a certain “sfwdec” player instead of the expected adobe flash - it finally occurred to me to uninstall the package swfdec-mozilla … and voilà - everything now worked!

(Before realising that the adobe “update” was to blame, over few days I had been installing a lot of unnecessary stuff - including the “toxic” swfdec-mozilla - lest it somehow made up what had been lacking... )

The great help from this forum is one of the reasons I stick with Ubuntu.
    That is one of the reasons I develop Flash-Aid. It removes, swfdec, gnash, lightspark, adobe flashplugin installed manually and even flash for Windows installed by Wine, so that kind of conflict doesn't happen when you use it. If the user has some weird flash installed somewhere else, the add-on can detect it when generating the report provided by the Help menu, so it makes easier to troubleshoot.

BTW, Adobe has purged the last beta from the server, so Flash-Aid is delivering the nasty 11.2.202.228 version as well. If you are using it and it fails to download flash, click the "Check Upate" button, in the extension menu and wait a few seconds to get a confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncertified Welder View Post
    I have done this and it works for me... as long as I'm logged in as root. If I use another account it no longer works. What have I missed?
    Downgrade flash using Flash-Aid. After installing the extension, get the flash player version you need from Adobe. Extract the archive, find the tar.gz file corresponding to your architecture and copy it (don't extract it). Open Flash-Aid Advanced mode, select "Custom" in the installation option, paste the tar.gz path in the field. Click the Script tab, then Execute. Flash-Aid will remove all installed flash versions and install the one from the tar.gz file in the proper location.
    Last edited by lovinglinux; April 5th, 2012 at 11:38 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hi, I have been without a flash player for a week or more....It first happened after I downloaded a flash update that came up in my update manager for the 11.10 installation that I had been running successfully for quite some time.
    After the update thingy was installed flash would not work at all. I tried all sots of different ways to get it going again, using the software centre, by downloading the tar gz from the adobe download site etc...
    I tried Flash-aid. again and again. Searched forums...

Nothing worked. So I decided to do a complete reinstall and revert to Maverick, thinking it had to be yet another buggy issue with Onereic. I tried everything I know,
    (not a lot, I'm a 60's relic nearly 70 years of age)
    I found I still could not get Flash to work within that freshly installed distro (10.10 which used to work okay), still no luck.
    Can't understand why it does not go, I have 2 other machines in my household running on 10.04 natty they are both a-okay.
    HTML5 vids work alright, can anyone tell me what is happening to flash player?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ortermagic; April 5th, 2012 at 06:30 PM. Reason: I have missed an attatchment

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I meant to include this attachment which consists of the actual report generated at my last install and use of Flash-aid...Hope someone will be able to figure out what is happening here!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

At he risk of completely exposing the inner workings of my browser I think I had better attatch another file which goes into some detail. I hope It helps one of you brainy people to unpick my problem

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast