Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucid Lynx Flash update today not working. Version 11.2.202

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Flash update today not working.

Quote Originally Posted by BobSongs View Post
    Yeah, a slight correction on the location. Put a leading forward slash / before usr like:

Code:
    /usr/lib/flashplugin-installer
    That should work.
    Seems to be working now. For some people is might show up in this area:

Code:
    /usr/lib/adobe-flashplugin
    For me that's where I had to put the file.

But yeah, I also have Flash control as an extension which might or might not be helping.

Beans

I have solved the problem by downgrading to adobe-flashplugin_11.1.102.63. Thanks for idea))

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by cuyo01 View Post
    you can download older flash versions from here:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/...-versions.html

in my case downloaded flash player 11.1.102.63 (174MB) its a zip that contains all plugins for all 32 and 64 bit systems with windows, mac, linux, solaris OS's

the README file lists wich file/archive is for what plattaform, in my case /fp_11.1.102.63_archive/11_1r102_63_32bit/flashplayer11_1r102_63_linux.i386.tar.gz wich contains libflashplayer.so.

located all files libflashplayer.so in my hard disk and replaced them with the downloaded one, requires administrator privileges to replace (sudo nautilus)

Video is now working for me on Firefox and Chrome. Thanks for this information.

Beans

Problems here also.

Ubuntu 10.04 did a flash upgrade last night and this morning flash would not work for a streaming radio station. Also noticed some (but not all) youtube videos would not play. Solved with the cuyo01 solution, downgraded the libflashplayer.so file to 11.1.R102 from the adobe site. My system is 32 bit, Athlon XP.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I managed to fix this problem with the solution in post 11 (thanks!). Next morning I came in to the living room and my son was watching Antz. I couldn't believe the problem had now shifted to mplayer and I spent five minutes fiddling with various settings before I realised it was actually A Bug's Life.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Donaldson View Post
    Bandaid solution-

Extract libflashplayer.so (11.1.102.55) from file downloaded at http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Utili...ux-18853.shtml

Move libflashplayer.so to folder usr/lib/flashplugin-installer

Worked on the chromium, firefox, seamonkey, midori
    Many thanks. After hours of searching and failed attempts, I found this and it works brilliantly in Chromium.
    However, for Firefox I had to also copy libflashplayer.so to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins.
    I don't know if this is because as part of my attempts to fix the problem I had previously used the Firefox Flash-Aid.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by DavidSwan20 View Post
    Many thanks. After hours of searching and failed attempts, I found this and it works brilliantly in Chromium.
    However, for Firefox I had to also copy libflashplayer.so to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins.
    I don't know if this is because as part of my attempts to fix the problem I had previously used the Firefox Flash-Aid.
    That's because /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins is in fact the correct location, which is what Flash-Aid uses.

Firefox will first look into /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins and will be redirected to /usr/lib/flashplugin-installer/libflashplayer.so by a series of symbolic links, if it finds a flashplugin-alternative.so instead of libflashplayer.so, which happens if flashplugin-installer is installed.

However, keep in mind you don't need flashplugin-installer. In fact I don't even recommend keeping it when installing flash downloaded manually from Adobe, because in the next update it will be replaced. Just remove flashplugin-installer and extract the libflashplayer.so downloaded from Adobe into /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins.

Flash-Aid can do all that for you as well. Get the flash player version you need from Adobe. Extract the archive, find the tar.gz file corresponding to your architecture and copy it (don't extract it). Open Flash-Aid Advanced mode, select "Custom" in the installation option, paste the tar.gz path in the field. Click the Script tab, then Execute. Flash-Aid will remove all installed flash versions and install the one from the tar.gz file in the proper location.

Beans

Using LovingLinux's method, with flashaid. It works. RELIEF! Now how long do we have to wait for a fix in the update? Ubuntu 11.10.
    Pray for acceptance of the HTML5 video/audio standard. Down with Adobe Flash...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by twp View Post
    Using LovingLinux's method, with flashaid. It works. RELIEF! Now how long do we have to wait for a fix in the update? Ubuntu 11.10.
    Pray for acceptance of the HTML5 video/audio standard. Down with Adobe Flash...
    I would get a comfortable chair to wait for that fix. In fact, I think it won't be fixed. Adobe said they will provide only security patches, so I doubt they will try to fix this. Specially considering their current replies to bug reports: "we don't support Linux anymore".

Anyway, I guess the problem might disappear with Ubuntu updates, since this is an old issue that comes and go.

If the problem continues indefinitely, then the only viable alternative would be to Switch to Chrome when Flash Pepper comes out.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Donaldson View Post
    Bandaid solution-

Extract libflashplayer.so (11.1.102.55) from file downloaded at http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Utili...ux-18853.shtml

Move libflashplayer.so to folder usr/lib/flashplugin-installer

Worked on the chromium, firefox, seamonkey, midori
    Awesome, I quite watching the Smurfs when I was a child and certainly didn't expect them back. Hmmm, maybe they were Na'vi

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast