Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omg!!

Beans

Omg!!

To my thread closer:

For God's sake!!. I didn't even had time to say thanks!, let alone.....

.... bad, bad, bad....
    Please, don't be so radikal and drastic; don't close the threads so quickly without any bit of FEEDBACK!. I didn't even had time to say thanks, hahaha... It is funny and sad at the same time....
    Last edited by HotForLinux; March 27th, 2012 at 09:37 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Omg!!

Are you referring to your thread about activities we don't support here on an old version of Ubuntu?
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by HotForLinux View Post
    To my thread closer:

For God's sake!!. I didn't even had time to say thanks!, let alone.....

.... bad, bad, bad....
    Please, don't be so radikal and drastic; don't close the threads so quickly without any bit of FEEDBACK!. I didn't even had time to say thanks, hahaha... It is funny and sad at the same time....
    I reviewed the threads that have been closed, and you I agree we have a fantastic staff. There are times when spam is cleaned before it is reported for example.

In the case of your threads, you are asking about versions of Ubuntu that have reached EOL

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases

Once a version of Ubuntu is at EOL it is no longer supported, and thus requests for support are off topic and subject to closure. Same is true of Fedora or Debian or any distro that is beyond EOL. I am sorry you had to learn this the hard way.

Second, support of penetration testing tools is limited. We will help support installation but we do not support teaching to use these tools. for the sort of assistance you are requesting I would suggest you use Backtrack.

Hopefully that clears up your understanding of the staff actions and what support is and is not available here.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Just to add to what bodhi.zazen said, aircrack and friends have been removed from the repositories in Precise, as it is no longer maintained, and quite buggy.

Beans

Well, there are many buggy and unpolished things like Unity, to name just one.

And, ok, I didn't know that the so called "hard way" was the new ubuntu way. Just that.

Beans

"In the case of your threads, you are asking about versions of Ubuntu that have reached EOL

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases

Once a version of Ubuntu is at EOL it is no longer supported, and thus requests for support are off topic and subject to closure. Same is true of Fedora or Debian or any distro that is beyond EOL. I am sorry you had to learn this the hard way."
    Does that mean that you don't allow human beings to help other human beings as regards old ubuntu versions?! Why?

Just to add to what bodhi.zazen said, aircrack and friends have been removed from the repositories in Precise, as it is no longer maintained, and quite buggy.
    But they are in Lucid Lynx LTS, aren't they?

Second, support of penetration testing tools is limited. We will help support installation but we do not support teaching to use these tools.
    That is what I was asking for in the first place. The thread was closed so quickly, that you probably didn't have time to realize that. Nobody asked me nothing, let alone listened my answer.

Code:
     Hopefully that clears up your understanding of the staff actions and what support is and is not available here.
    We'll see what other surprises the future provides us....

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

The limits of the available support on these forums have been explained to you and we will have to agree to disagree.

You are free to do what you like with your time on your personal blog or website.

I have already given you the best possible advice - Run a supported version of Ubuntu and seek assistance with penetration testing with the Backtrack Community.

Good luck to you.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi.zazen View Post
    The limits of the available support on these forums have been explained to you and we will have to agree to disagree.

You are free to do what you like with your time on your personal blog or website.

I have already given you the best possible advice - Run a supported version of Ubuntu and seek assistance with penetration testing with the Backtrack Community.

Good luck to you.
    Thanks Bodi.zazen, but as I have pointed out, what I wanted to know and I was asking for was not how to use the tools in the package that is still in Lucid Lynx. It was something about ubuntu. Anyway, the radikal ways to lead with my post and the lack of dialogue (considering what it has been written about the subject in other threads of this same forum) is another sad symptom of our modern world, and far from the etymological meaning of "ubuntu".

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by HotForLinux View Post
    Thanks Bodi.zazen, but as I have pointed out, what I wanted to know and I was asking for was not how to use the tools in the package that is still in Lucid Lynx. It was something about ubuntu. Anyway, the radikal ways to lead with my post and the lack of dialogue (considering what it has been written about the subject in other threads of this same forum) is another sad symptom of our modern world, and far from the etymological meaning of "ubuntu".
    I think this post is a gross distortion of the events. You received extensive support on IRC and discussed your questions at length with several community members.

I am not going to debate the issues with you any further, but I can not allow such distortions of events to go unanswered.

As has been indicated to you many times, Backtrack linux is the best source of support for your needs as expressed on IRC and on the forums.

Good luck to you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast