Thread: 50 posts to edit your profile - username

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Red face 50 posts to edit your profile - username

The 50 post limit may help keep spammers out of the Ubuntu forums but it's not stopping them from finding me! I changed my username at launchpad long ago but that apparently has no effect on the forums. Now I can't change my username at all. Very annoying that questions about this (The contact link at the bottom of each page) are ignore. At least delete the contact link!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Re: 50 posts to edit your profile - username

@OP, I have split your post off from the thread in which you posted in Forum Feedback and Help to its own thread here in the Resolution Centre because I can help you with this.

Changing a username because it is your email (the reason spammers are finding you) is a valid reason for requesting a username change. See here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1178721

Please post three alternative usernames and I will see if any are available and make the necessary change for you.

By the way, it sounds as though you have been trying to use the contact link at the bottom of the page and this is not working. As far as I can recall there have been no emails from you for admin attention. I will look into this to see what may have gone wrong.

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hello Coffeecat,

My launchpad account uses this email address and has ckx as username. Could you set things so that Ubuntu forums uses that username? Alternatives: JHCKX or Eckxecutioner.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

ckx was taken, but your second choice was available. JHCKX you now are!

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.