Thread: I have two user names

Beans

I have two user names

A long time ago I mistakenly made two usernames Nerdcore Steve and NerdcoreSteve. Is it possible to merge these two?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: I have two user names

Thread moved to Resolution Center.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by ForumFAQ
    Can I change my username?
    No. Usernames can not be changed - dashes can not be added, lowercase cannot be made uppercase, etc. However, you may choose to create a new account and then request that we disable the original one. The only exceptions to this are extreme cases, such as when a user has been harassed by another user or when the username contains the member's email address or real name.

Note: If you do make a new account, you will have to transfer all information yourself, as we will not do this for you. Also, we can't transfer your statistics (beans, account age and the like) to the new account.
    This information is in the Forums FAQ and the sticky at the top of the resolution center as well.

Which account would you like to keep ?
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Beans

I'd like to keep Nerdcore Steve but I just wanted to confirm that it has the same email address on file as NerdcoreSteve. I'll need to reset the password.

After just reinstalling I tried to log in with the former username and couldn't. My browers cache had the password and I hadn't manually logged in for a while. When I tried resetting the password the forum asked for my email and gave me a reset link for the username I'd rather get rid of.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Your previous account, Nerdcore Steve, appears to have been disabled at your request. I can re-activate it and disable this account if you wish, but, it appears you have been more active with the current account then you were with the old.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.

Beans

Yeah, now that you point this out, I'd like to keep NerdcoreSteve and get rid of Nerdcore Steve. I don't think that Nerdcore Steve is actually deactivated however. I just made a post with it a week ago.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1944893

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by NerdcoreSteve View Post
    Yeah, now that you point this out, I'd like to keep NerdcoreSteve and get rid of Nerdcore Steve. I don't think that Nerdcore Steve is actually deactivated however. I just made a post with it a week ago.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1944893
    OK, I disabled the old account , best of luck to you.