Thread: I have a recycler

Beans

Exclamation I have a recycler

I have a Recycler on my C drive and D drive. and I cannot delete it. Whenever I try to delete it, it says this "The file "RECYCLER" cannot be moved to the trash." Unable to create trashing info file: Read-only file system.

this is my problem. I don't know how to remove this Recycler. please help me. thanks in advance.

Beans

Re: I have a recycler

As far as I know, this is exclusively a Windows system file, normally hidden. If you're browsing the file system using Ubuntu, it might not be hidden anymore. All it is is the folder used by Windows to store the recycle bins for each Windows user. They are normally not able to be deleted in their entirety, and the contents of each bin would have to be deleted by each windows user (unless there's a quicker way of doing it which I'm unaware of!)

So if you want to delete whats in your recycler folder, I'd be inclined to boot up windows and try from there. I will give you a little disclaimer because I'm not an expert, but I think this would be a good place to start...

Good luck!
    Last edited by CharlesA; March 25th, 2012 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Windows slang

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: I have a recycler

Quote Originally Posted by leimma View Post
    I have a Recycler on my C drive and D drive. and I cannot delete it. Whenever I try to delete it, it says this "The file "RECYCLER" cannot be moved to the trash." Unable to create trashing info file: Read-only file system.

this is my problem. I don't know how to remove this Recycler. please help me. thanks in advance.
    The file system is read-only.

I would recommend not deleting those files either, since it looks like you are running Windows/Ubuntu on the same box.
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...