Thread: minimal luck with iPods on Precise

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

minimal luck with iPods on Precise

Hi - wondering if anyone else has had more luck with iPods on Precise than I have had... or perhaps someone has some suggestions.

I have an iPod Classic (Video) and an iPod Photo, both of which I could interact with in 10.04 and 10.10 at least marginally well. Stuff seems pretty broken since then in 11.10 and 12.04 (I skipped 11.04 so not sure about that one).

Right now here's my status:
    iPod Classic (Video)
    + able to sync library via Rhythmbox
    + able to sync library via guayadeque
    + able to create playlists via guayadeque
    - unable to create playlists via Rhythmbox
    - unable to transfer video via GTKPod

iPod Photo
    + able to sync library via Rhythmbox
    - unable to see at all in guayadeque
    - unable to create playlists in Rhythmbox

This is not so great for me, since the primary thing I use the iPod Classic for is video, and the primary feature I need for the iPod Photo is the ability to create music playlists. Neither one of those seems possible at all in 12.04.

In fact, GTKPod has major problems on 12.04 -- I can't even access the menu entries without it crashing completely.

This seems like a pretty bad state of affairs for an LTS in particular. Am I just unlucky with my particular selection of iPods? Does anyone have any perspective on whether there is hope of fixes being released in time for 12.04? I am getting more concerned the closer we get to the release date of 12.04 that I'll be stuck like this.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: minimal luck with iPods on Precise

Have you created a bug report? If the devs don't know there is a problem they can't fix it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: minimal luck with iPods on Precise

Check Floola.