Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to Install fonts

Beans

Re: How to Install fonts

Quote Originally Posted by GreatDanton View Post
    ok i screenshot the window
    Edit:if i try to copy paste to font folder, nothing happens. The file just slide back form where i dragged it.
    ok first of all you are not answering my question.

second of all nautilus is spelled nautilus and not nautilius

also you should use gksudo for graphical apps

so as i asked before what happens when you use the font installer as outlined in the link i posted ?

Cheers
    Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Thx for your time.
    Ok i now i type sudo nautilus in terminal and it give me:sudo:nautilus:command not found.

If i understand right, you mean what happened if i double click on .tff file.

It says something like unable to read, or i dont have a program for opening this kind of file. (iam not sure, because that happened to me 3 hours ago, and i have already changed the program for opening-i thought xarchiver will open that, but it wont and now i dont know what said the first message.)

Edit: if now doubleclick on the file it says :cant open file. Archive format not recognized!

What kind of font installer do you mean, because i dont have any.
    Last edited by GreatDanton; March 22nd, 2012 at 08:31 PM.

Beans

OK here we go. I use this link.
    http://www.wikihow.com/Install-Custo...n-Ubuntu-10.10

Thats the second time i tryed (previous i tryed that thing with gsknautilius-it asks me for password but the second time i oppened the terminal i dont need to type password)
    1. Open terminal
    2.type:sudo mkdir /usr/share/fonts/truetype/custom2 (i dont have to type password-why idont know)
    3i type just like in the link:sudo nautilius ------i get sudo:nautilius:command not found.

What now?
    sudo usually require a password since your using other user's account to do something. If you do not have a password, then just type enter

that link wanted you to make a custom folder so you can keep track of you custom fonts

copy this to the terminal window
    the gksudo is meant so you can have proper permission to edit /usr/ dir which is owned by root

you dont have to type it in
    just copy and paste with mouse
    Code:
    gksudo nautilus /usr/share/fonts/truetype/
    open another folder with the directory of the font
    drag the file over to the folder that you open with the command above

run this in terminal when done
    Code:
    sudo fc-cache -f -v

Manually

There are various locations in GNU/Linux in which fonts can be kept. These locations are defined in /etc/fonts/fonts.conf; standard ones include /usr/share/fonts, /usr/local/share/fonts, and /home/<username>/.fonts (where <username> is your user name).
    The easiest way to install a truetype font is to press alt-F2 and enter the following code (this will open nautilus in the right directory):

gksu nautilus /usr/share/fonts/truetypeThen create a new directory, name the directory whatever you like (choose a name that you remember if you ever need to backup your fonts personal fonts). Copy the fonts into that directory and finally rebuild the font information files by pressing alt-F2, mark 'run in terminal' so you can see the progress and entering the following code:

sudo fc-cache -f -v
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Fonts
    (\ /)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Beans
    Distro

thanks for reply.
    That didnt solved my problem. If i copy and paste the code into the terminal:gksudo nautilus /usr/share/fonts/truetype/
    This code doesnt open the folder, like it should. why this code doesnt want to open folder with fonts I dont know, and i still cant copy paste font into the folder.

any solutions?

Beans

thanks for reply.
    That didnt solved my problem. If i copy and paste the code into the terminal:gksudo nautilus /usr/share/fonts/truetype/
    This code doesnt open the folder, like it should. why this code doesnt want to open folder with fonts I dont know, and i still cant copy paste font into the folder.

any solutions?

it should open a pop up box prompt you for your pasword?
    (\ /)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

If you're using xubuntu, you may not have nautilus installed (it isn't installed by default). Instead, try:
    Code:
    gksudo thunar /usr/share/fonts/truetype/

Beans
    Distro

Thank you very much toz, and all who tried to help me!
    Thats the soultion.

gksudo thunar /usr/share/fonts/truetype/

sudo fc-cache -f -v

Now i have my font installed!
    Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12