View Poll Results: Kubuntu should use this default browser for a good experience :

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • rekonq

7 17.95%
  • firefox

20 51.28%
  • chromium

11 28.21%
  • other

1 2.56%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: kubuntu should use rekonq firefox chromium Opera or other

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: kubuntu should use rekonq firefox chromium Opera or other

well , i ma trying to create a new metapackage that should remove rekonq and install firefox if anyone want help ...

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

bump

Beans

I voted Firefox because i like firefox 13 but before de raelase of firefox 13 i use Opera and chromium
    sorry for my inglish

Beans

Not sure what I think tbh. I'm a Kubuntu user now, and yes I always use Firefox. But I support the distro using KDE programs as their flagship apps. Personally, I think Kubuntu offers a superbly keen upstream KDE experience, and I'm not sure I would want them to mess with that.

OK, after a think I reckon on balance I like the way it is done now, where Rekonq is available out of the box, but the Firefox installer is highly visible. So I suppose I can't vote.
    Intel Core i3-8100, 16GB Corsair DDR4 2400 RAM, 240GB Crucial SSD+1TB HDD, Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

KDE integration for Firefox has been dropped, so having Firefox be the official browser would be kind of stupid.

Chromium....not my cup of tea.

Im an Opera fan. It integrates well with KDE and is easy to use.

I suppose the default browser should be a native KDE app, like Rekonq. Anybody who wants something different can very easily install it themselves.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by whatthefunk View Post
    KDE integration for Firefox has been dropped, so having Firefox be the official browser would be kind of stupid.

Chromium....not my cup of tea.

Im an Opera fan. It integrates well with KDE and is easy to use.

I suppose the default browser should be a native KDE app, like Rekonq. Anybody who wants something different can very easily install it themselves.
    I keep meaning to try Opera again. I'll have a hunt for it now.

I'm not sure, but there were rumblings on the Kubuntu forums that KDE integration may be coming back for Firefox. I think the Blue Systems people have something to do with it.
    Intel Core i3-8100, 16GB Corsair DDR4 2400 RAM, 240GB Crucial SSD+1TB HDD, Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

At the moment, there is no official integration, but someone over at Kubuntu forums has packaged up all the stuff necessary and uploaded it to a ppa. Its still possible, but not convenient.

Beans

Been using Opera recently on Kubuntu, and have to say I really like it. I had a few bugs with version 12.00, but version 12.01 has fixed them straight up. It even has a little hw accel, so you get a page full of fishies on the Fish Bowl test! But other than that it's fast and very customisable, and even has an integrated email client that I've got my eye on. Cool!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

kubuntu should stick with rekonq, it is official software of KDE and part of the system as a whole i think (removing it is no easy task) - that being said, another browser should be included if at all possible, Chromium or Firefox/Aurora. Opera Next is just as good; as well.

But these are all easy to get ahold of via software center- kubuntu even has a automatic installer for firefox in the INTERNET menu on clean install.
    Last edited by Jakin; August 8th, 2012 at 01:51 PM.

Beans

Chromium due to pepperflash compatibility

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12