Thread: Install slide show crashes install window

Beans

Install slide show crashes install window

I've tried installing the current daily ISO for Precise and Lubuntu-precise, and in both cases the install window crashes when the slide show at the end of the install advances to the third page. The install doesn't complete, but it gets further if I delay the slide show (by waiting as long as possible before clicking the last continue button). The Lubuntu install got far enough to allow me to complete it manually (booted via grub from another OS). I'm wondering if there is any way to avoid or inhibit the slide show other than using the alternate-install ISO? The live CD mode runs fine with no problems.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Install slide show crashes install window

I install tested each flavour of Ubuntu both i386 and amd64 at least three times pre-beta 2 release and watching the working of the slide show was part of the test case. I never had a problem like this.

I was testing by installing from the live desktop and not from the welcome page.

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans

Re: Install slide show crashes install window

I mostly tried installing from the live desktop. I think I tried a direct install once using a USB image.