Thread: KeePassX messed up by trying KeePass 2

Beans

Question KeePassX messed up by trying KeePass 2

I decided to try KeePass 2 today. I love KeePassX, but it hasn't been updated in about two years, so I wanted to try the latest version.

I decided I do not like KeePass 2 very much. One of the reasons is that I cannot drag and drop userid's, passwords, and URL's into a browser window.

So, I decided to stick with KeePassX. And guess what? Drag and drop no longer works for it, either! The cursor just turns to a circle with a slash through it, and the drop does nothing.

How and why did trying out KeePass 2 mess up KeePassX? Does anyone have any idea how to fix it. I will try to see if there is any support for it, but since it no longer seems to be developed, I doubt that I will find any.

Tim
    Cyberpower PC, Core i5 2500 3.3 gHz, 8GB DDR3, ATI 6770 1GB, Samsung BX 2440 LED 1080p, 1 TB SATA III, 2 TB SATA III, Siduction Linux 64-bit

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: KeePassX messed up by trying KeePass 2

I think Keepass 2 uses a different extension and file type.
    Last edited by mike555; March 20th, 2012 at 08:53 PM. Reason: spelling

Beans

Yes, I know that, but it has nothing to do with my question. Thanks for responding, though.

There is, however, an IRC channel for Keepassx. But, so far, no one in it talks.

Tim
    Cyberpower PC, Core i5 2500 3.3 gHz, 8GB DDR3, ATI 6770 1GB, Samsung BX 2440 LED 1080p, 1 TB SATA III, 2 TB SATA III, Siduction Linux 64-bit

Beans

Well, never mind. Drag and drop started working again with nothing done to fix it. At first, it was a little flaky, then it went back to working just the way it should.

I have no idea what was going on.

Tim