Thread: Perfect World Issues

Beans

Perfect World Issues

I'm new to both Ubuntu and the forums, so I'm not entirely sure if this is the right place to post this. I am currently running Ubuntu 11.10. I've updated, installed the proprietary graphics driver, and installed wine. When I got around to installing Perfect World through wine, the v580 default installer from their site didn't work. It opened Wine, then closed without any popups or error messages. To get around this, I downloaded a file containing the first edition of the game and upgraded to the newest edition, 606. After a night of updating, it successfully completed. I verified the files and everything was OK. When I tried to run the game, it loaded up to the intro screen, then the sign in screen, all of which worked. After signing in and getting to the character select screen, my characters, females, who should have a top, didn't. They were both topless. When I tried to create a new character, it was also topless, and, upon completing the character, the game crashed. It also crashed when I chose an existing character, right when the bar of the loading screen filled up, before the game world loaded.
    Ubuntu 11.10
    I've tried Wine 1.3.28 and Wine 1.2.3
    Graphics card: NVIDIA G98M

If there's any other info you need, please let me know! Thanks ahead for any help!
    Oh, and I do know this laptop can run the game because I've run it through Windows 7 on here. It's a Dell Latitude E6400

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Perfect World Issues

Thread moved to Wine.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Have you looked at Winehq?
    LinuxGamer
    Want Games in Linux?!
    Buy Games in Linux!

Beans

Yes, I have looked at WineHQ. I've already installed language packs and vcrun6. I also installed directx9, even though they said it's optional on their site. I've been through almost every google search option there is.

Beans

If nobody has any ideas, I can just wait until Descent comes to see if that solves it as much as Genesis broke it.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Adrastea View Post
    If nobody has any ideas, I can just wait until Descent comes to see if that solves it as much as Genesis broke it.
    It also needs vcrun2005 and vcrun 2008 as well as directx9

look here, this is how i got it working right for me and a friend but both are different

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1943114

no promises that either will work but it helped me.