Thread: gimp keeps messing up

Beans

gimp keeps messing up

hello, i have been trying to pull down a guide but everytime i try it wont let me change or click anything?! and it doesn't pull the guide down either, whats going on?

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: gimp keeps messing up

I don't understand what you mean. Are you trying to get the help menu to work and open up?
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 14.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo

Beans

no, guides. When you click on the rulers at the top and left side and drag it should pull guide lines, but today when i try it freezes gimp, only lets me click certain buttons (like the quit) though i cant quit because it wont let me click yes or dont save etc, and it wont let me change my to a different screen, its stuck and doesn't let me do anything until i shutdown or find some way to shut gimp down.

Beans

seems to be working at the moment, but i dont know if it will keep up

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by p.wolf View Post
    no, guides. When you click on the rulers at the top and left side and drag it should pull guide lines, but today when i try it freezes gimp, only lets me click certain buttons (like the quit) though i cant quit because it wont let me click yes or dont save etc, and it wont let me change my to a different screen, its stuck and doesn't let me do anything until i shutdown or find some way to shut gimp down.
    Perhaps there is a dialogue box awaiting input that is hidden below other windows...?
    Next time try minimising any open windows and see if this reveals anything...
    Just a thought.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by p.wolf View Post
    seems to be working at the moment, but i dont know if it will keep up
    Open the layers list and see if you have a "floating selection". Many things are disabled while you have one. You have to anchor it to an existing layer or create a new layer from it, before you can work on other layers.