Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AWN - launcher taskmanager applet - how do I remove the green + sign on the launcher?

Beans

AWN - launcher taskmanager applet - how do I remove the green + sign on the launcher?

I have AWN installed on 2 laptops, 0.4.0-2 on one and 0.4.1 on the other. The one running 4.1 has this goofy green 'plus' icon for the launcher applet in addition to all of my launchers. How do I get rid of it? As far as I can tell, both are set up the same, yet the older version doesn't have this separate icon.
    Thanks!
    -J

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: AWN - launcher taskmanager applet - how do I remove the green + sign on the launc

Launchers can normally be removed with a right click or from the task manager settings by deleting it from the list.

If it is an applet look in the applet settings and on the bottom select the icon and use the up arrow to remove any applets you don't want.

The settings icon will appear at one end of the dock and can be removed you just have right click the dock to get into Awn settings.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans

Re: AWN - launcher taskmanager applet - how do I remove the green + sign on the launc

Quote Originally Posted by Frogs Hair View Post
    Launchers can normally be removed with a right click or from the task manager settings by deleting it from the list.

If it is an applet look in the applet settings and on the bottom select the icon and use the up arrow to remove any applets you don't want.

The settings icon will appear at one end of the dock and can be removed you just have right click the dock to get into Awn settings.
    the problem is that if I remove the launcher/taskmanager applet from the active applets, not only does the + icon go away, but so do all my launchers.

-J

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I just did an upgrade to xubuntu 12.04 beta.
    Running avant-window-navigator 0.4.1.

I, too, have this seemingly useless green plus sign.
    Clicking on the plus sign does nothing.
    Right-clicking the plus sign does nothing. Not even options.

The applet menu makes no mention of a green plus.
    It looks like it was tacked on to the launchers menu as a visual indicator that you can drag icons into the dash/add launchers to your liking.
    Only, it never goes away.

I guess I can live with a dummy icon. It's just kind of annoying.
    And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick: "rational thinking."
    But, when you're good and crazy? Oooh! Oooh! Oooh! The sky is the limit!

Beans
    Distro

I don't know what the plus is . I was trying the latest Awn from the software center over last weekend and didn't see what you are describing. I am using 11.10 .

Beans

Im actually having another problem too. AWN shows running applications fi something is open (say a terminal)

If multiple terminal windows are open, I can click on the icon in the AWN dock and it will list the active terminals. The problem comes when I move the mouse into the 'balloon" the bloon list disappears. I am running gnome-session desktop, but I have noticed the bug in the past running classic with compiz.

-J

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Frogs Hair View Post
    I don't know what the plus is . I was trying the latest Awn from the software center over last weekend and didn't see what you are describing. I am using 11.10 .
    Right between the VLC traffic cone and the file manager windows.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick: "rational thinking."

Beans

I just switched to cairo dock.
    love it

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by miatawnt2b View Post
    I just switched to cairo dock.
    love it
    Great ! I tried the Cairo dock stand alone session two weeks ago and it worked pretty well . I have been experimenting with Classic Gnome and have Dockbarx installed at the moment.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Throughout today, I added the medibuntu repo, ran system updates, and added a skype icon to my AWN dock.

Somewhere, between those three things, the green plus sign has vanished.

Still at version 4.0.1.

Looks like the key could be as simple as dragging any icon from the programs menu directly over the plus sign on the dock. But, I can't confirm that as a definitive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast