Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diffrences of forums (Especially on Ubuntu Forums and Ubuntu-cn Forums)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: Diffrences of forums (Especially on Ubuntu Forums and Ubuntu-cn Forums)

Because such answer(s) do not solve the problem. The problem is still there. The next person with the same problem who search/find the thread do not get his answers/solutions.

Lets play with the idea of the 'use X,Y,Z instead' response. You give a person a reply e.g. to use XFCE instead of Gnome. All is well until he runs into a different problem with XFCE. Now he asks again on the forum what to do, but he'll be met with the same reply as he had with Gnome; 'Use another DE, it will solve all your problems!'.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by mraandtux View Post
    But in Ubuntu-cn forums, replies of 'search the web' or 'use KDE/XFCE/LXDE' is ok because - newbs will reply with "Thank you, I'll try it" and/or search the web for himself.
    And also because of that, Ubuntu-cn forums users are mostly newbs.
    Is this forum (Ubuntu Forums) are unfriendly to newbs? I feel that because of quick reply. First time I thought enable quick replies by clicking the editor's button, instead you have to click the button at the down-right corner of the post!

I mean Clementime the music player.
    At the end of the day, these various forums are made of people, both staff and there support community. The gentoo forums, the Arch forums, the Debian forums, and the Fedora forms, each has it's own community and nettiquete.

Similarly, these forms "ubuntuforums.org" is not "forum.ubuntu.org.cn" , these are two completely unrelated sites.

Our guidelines are posted here : http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php?page=policy

You have gotten feedback from both the staff as well as the larger community on how this site works. As outlined in the policy, we strongly discourage answers here along the lines of "RTFM", "Use google", or "use another media player".

I suggest you look at how this culture works on these forums moving forward. If you feel there is a poor match, use another forums.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Beans

If the hole don't fit it, then the hole should fit it.

Beans

And also in Ubuntu-cn forums, answering"Use KDE(or other) then" on "Something wrong in GNOME" will not deleted and/or warned, although someone will answer the real question(like "Here's how you solve the ploblem...") in the end, but anyway - this is thing you should learn from Ubuntu-cn forums!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

I am glad you found a forums you find fits in with your style and personality.

There seem to be several potential barriers to your use of these forums including cultural and language barriers.

The question is, do you find the culture on these forums acceptable ? If not, perhaps it is best for you to use Ubuntu-cn.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Beans

You wanna get me out here? No Way! I will use both of the forums, although I will concerntrate on Ubuntu-cn.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Then we'll expect you to follow the rules of this forum and you'll be fine .

If in doubt you can find the rule/policy here: http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php?page=policy
    or you have have questions related to the forums you can get help here: http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=48

Then I take this matter is solved.
    Last edited by Perfect Storm; March 19th, 2012 at 07:14 AM.

Beans

Do you have a nutshell edition of the forum's policy? It's looks too hard to read for non-English mother-tounges.

Quote Originally Posted by mraandtux View Post
    Do you have a nutshell edition of the forum's policy? It's looks too hard to read for non-English mother-tounges.
    This is a brief version, but the full Code of Conduct still applies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12