Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wireless mouse not recognized at startup or reboot...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Wireless mouse not recognized at startup or reboot...

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ty/+bug/958174

Me and my bugs. I've confirmed it. Whenever I boot up or restart Unity, I have to unplug my USB mouse, then plug it back in before it's recognized. My mouse: Logitech, Anywhere MX.

If anyone else has been affected by this bug, be sure to go to launchpad and add yourself to the list.
    Linux: You reap what you tweak.

Beans

Re: Wireless mouse not recognized at startup or reboot...

I get the same issue since oneiric with a Logitech Performance MX mouse.
    So to me this is an old issue, still not solved..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by lucazade View Post
    I get the same issue since oneiric with a Logitech Performance MX mouse.
    So to me this is an old issue, still not solved..
    Never had this issue with oneiric (Xubuntu or Unity) or any other distro for that matter?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by VTPoet View Post
    Never had this issue with oneiric (Xubuntu or Unity) or any other distro for that matter?
    lucky you, you get this only with latest kernel in precise.. for me is an old issue.
    have you tried to look into "dmesg" when mouse is not responding? There will probably be some errors logged.
    With another logitech mouse I own this issue is anyway not reproducible.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by lucazade View Post
    lucky you, you get this only with latest kernel in precise..
    Yeah... OK, but no. For the record: My point is that everything was fine until yesterday's update. It's not clear that the kernel is at fault.

But anyway, I'll live. The workaround is easy.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Here's a new twist, and I'd be interested in seeing if anyone else can reproduce this.

I notice that I lose my wireless mouse connection when I use the "Scale" feature provided by Ubuntu Tweak/Compiz. In other words, I've assigned Scale to the top left corner. As soon as I mouse to the corner and the windows scale, I lose my wireless mouse. I've added this to my initial bug report:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/958174

Beans

There seems to be a definite bug here, effecting both varieties of the Darkfield technology Logitech mouse - Performance MX and Anywhere MX. It's a shame, as other Logitech models work just fine, including models with the nano receiver. Weird. The Anywhere MX works fairly well with Ubuntu 12.04 as far as button functionality, but isn't always recognized after a reboot. The fault is intermittant, so it's recognized after booting up about half the time. The odd thing is that Log Out, Lock Screen, Suspend and even a Restart won't neccessarily allow the mouse to be recognized. You have to pull and replace the USB nano receiver.
    Last edited by SemiExpert; April 13th, 2012 at 03:18 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

i had no trouble with my wireless mouse working the other day whenI install 12.04 beta nothing else worked but the mouse was fully fuctional and I am fairly sure if it had booted with and menus or gui's of any kind other then then back ground I could have clicked on it if there was some way to get to restart I am sure it would have worked as well keyboard on the other hand no way nothing on that workd after the point of the password ..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

i guess linux really is a cooperative effort if someone of you type in commands for me I will do the clicking .

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by SemiExpert View Post
    There seems to be a definite bug here, effecting both varieties of the Darkfield technology Logitech mouse - Performance MX and Anywhere MX. It's a shame, as other Logitech models work just fine, including models with the nano receiver. Weird. The Anywhere MX works fairly well with Ubuntu 12.04 as far as button functionality, but isn't always recognized after a reboot. The fault is intermittant, so it's recognized after booting up about half the time. The odd thing is that Log Out, Lock Screen, Suspend and even a Restart won't neccessarily allow the mouse to be recognized. You have to pull and replace the USB nano receiver.
    I agree this sounds like a problem with the Darkfield tech. My wireless Logitech mouse that doesn't have the Darkfield tech works just fine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast