Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Install Wine from source in 12.04 64bit.

Beans

Smile Re: Install Wine from source in 12.04 64bit.

Quote Originally Posted by 8Kuula View Post
    Im trying to Install Wine 1.5.0 from source in Ubuntu 12.04 64bit beta

I ran
    Code:
    sudo apt-get build-dep wine
    Downloaded wine-1.5.0.tar.bz2
    Extracted it to ~/scr/wine-1.5.0

From http://wiki.winehq.org/WineOn64bit
    Code:
    sudo apt-get build-dep wine1.4:i386
    E: Unable to find a source package for wine1.4:i386

Code:
    sudo apt-get build-deb wine:i386
    Seems to work, but since i ran sudo apt-get build-dep wine allready it spits out
    Code:
    $ sudo apt-get build-dep wine:i386
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    Picking 'wine1.4' as source package instead of 'wine:i386'
    configure allways stops in
    Code:
    :~/src/wine-1.5.0$ ./configure
    checking for X... no
    configure: error: X 32-bit development files not found. Wine will be built
    without X support, which probably isn't what you want. You will need
    to install 32-bit development packages of Xlib/Xfree86 at the very least.
    Use the --without-x option if you really want this.
    So. What im doing wrong?

What we just should do is using the synaptic package manager to find the necessary items.And select all the relative items that have Xlib words.Then it would need other items and just do the same~

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Install Wine from source in 12.04 64bit.

I've been using the chroot method as suggested here http://wiki.winehq.org/WineOn64bit as I have a few different wine builds with different patches for use with Playonlinux.
    The easiest way to do this imo is to run your ./configure and make scripts in the chroot and then copy the wine source folder your working on out of the /var/chroot dir into your home folder(anywhere you want really). Then run the make install from there and wine will install itself by default to the /usr/local dir. Since I am using multiple versions with Playonlinux I created a winebuild dir in /usr/local and I use the ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/winebuilds/mywinebuild command when building in the chroot to have the eventual installs reside there.

Beans

Does anybody have some experience doing this another way (other than CHROOT) on 13.04 x64? I'm having a lot of trouble as I'm trying to include a minor tweak (bad hack, really) that should FINALLY allow me to get Adobe CS4 installed in WINE which is otherwise impossible because of WINE Bug #18070.

Beans

I was able to compile 32-bit Wine on 64 bit LMDE without CHROOT by using instructions from a combination of sites. Unfortunately, I didn't note most of the URLs I used.

The first was from wiki.winehq.org/WineOn64bit. Since LMDE is built on Debian, not Ubuntu, I used the instructions for Debian Wheezy:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install ia32-libs libc6-dev-i386 lib32z1-dev ia32-libs-dev

ia32-libs-dev wasn't found in my repositories, so I dug a little deeper into the web, and found this:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install libc6-dev-i386 lib32z1-dev
    When I ran ./configure, I got the 32 bit X development libraries error. I fixed that with this command:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-dev:i386 libfreetype6-dev:i386
    Unfortunately, this removed my compiler, and the entire build-essential package. I used the package manager to reinstall build-essential, and 32 bit Wine compiled fine from there.

Edit: I ran into some problems on reboot. When I looked into my logs, it seems installing xserver-org-dev:i386 and its dependencies removed not only build-essential, but also dkms and my wireless drivers. I reinstalled those, and everything seems to be working fine now.

I hope this helps!
    Last edited by Rogue_Mouser; August 20th, 2013 at 05:59 PM.

Beans

Watch that last step, it's a dooooosie!

Code:
    sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-dev:i386 libfreetype6-dev:i386

[...]
    The following packages will be REMOVED:
      build-essential dkms g++ g++-multilib gcc gcc-multilib libfreetype6-dev nvidia-310 virtualbox-guest-dkms
    [...]
    hmmm: compilers, graphics card driver... I said yes anyways after copy and pasting these to reinstall later. Seemed to work (had to reinstall nvidia-310 again after a reboot for some reason). But I could not get both libfreetype6-dev and libfreetype6-dev:i386

No really good answer here as far as I can tell. After pouring sand from one bucket and back again a few times, I did get it to install, but complaining about all sorts of missing functionality. Oh well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123