Thread: Utorrent and WINE issues

Beans

Utorrent and WINE issues

I installed WINE today, and went ahead and added Utorrent as a program I wanted installed. It installed perfectly fine, the only issue is when I try to select where I want my downloads to go I don't have the option of selecting my other hard drive(which is where my downloads and media in general go)?

Edit: Just curious, I installed STEAM as well and am downloading one of my games so I can play it tomorrow. Where would that install? Is that going to install it on Windows or here in Ubuntu?
    Last edited by Spewed; March 17th, 2012 at 08:03 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: Utorrent and WINE issues

Thread moved to Wine.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Dear friend you should memorize 2 things to use wine (better to observe)
    1- just use c: to open or save files in wine
    2- just when you`re have to use some application use wine

why don`t you use qbittorrent instead of Utorrent
    or install linux Utorrent (but it dos`t have GUI it is a command line software)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Spewed View Post
    I installed WINE today, and went ahead and added Utorrent as a program I wanted installed. It installed perfectly fine, the only issue is when I try to select where I want my downloads to go I don't have the option of selecting my other hard drive(which is where my downloads and media in general go)?

Edit: Just curious, I installed STEAM as well and am downloading one of my games so I can play it tomorrow. Where would that install? Is that going to install it on Windows or here in Ubuntu?
    Configure Wine and specify a new drive letter designation to a device/directory where you wish your torrents to go, and/or reconfigure utorrent to store torrents on your c: drive since "c:" is the only drive configured by default.