Thread: Fan won't start, event coincided with Jupiter update: help please?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Fan won't start, event coincided with Jupiter update: help please?

Hi

Last time I booted my computer, the BIOS came up with an error message saying that my fan wouldn't start, that this was dangerous for the hardware components and that it was recommended I leave the computer to turn itself off. If I still wanted to start, i could press ENTER. So i did.
    This was the first time i booted since the Jupiter applet 0.1.2. update (there's a link in my sig about jupiter). Does anyone know if Jupiter affects the fan BIOS settings or anything like that, seeing as it tries to reduce the power consumption?
    I have absolutely no proof that the problem is liked to the update, it's just the only possibility I thought of.
    Otherwise does anyone know how to fix fan problems?

Hardware specs here if that's any use. (HP/Compaq Presario CQ56 133SF)

I'll try downgrading Jupiter maybe. If i find out how to downgrade a specific update...
    Last edited by blackbird34; March 16th, 2012 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Can one downgrade a specific update?
    check out KDE Neon
    Dell Inspiron 5625, AMD Ryzen 7 5825U

Re: Fan won't start, event coincided with Jupiter update: help please?

Quote Originally Posted by blackbird34 View Post
    Hi

Last time I booted my computer, the BIOS came up with an error message saying that my fan wouldn't start, that this was dangerous for the hardware components and that it was recommended I leave the computer to turn itself off. If I still wanted to start, i could press ENTER. So i did.
    This was the first time i booted since the Jupiter applet 0.1.2. update (there's a link in my sig about jupiter). Does anyone know if Jupiter affects the fan BIOS settings or anything like that, seeing as it tries to reduce the power consumption?
    I have absolutely no proof that the problem is liked to the update, it's just the only possibility I thought of.
    Otherwise does anyone know how to fix fan problems?

Hardware specs here if that's any use. (HP/Compaq Presario CQ56 133SF)

I'll try downgrading Jupiter maybe. If i find out how to downgrade a specific update...
    Jupiter doesn't make any BIOS level changes. If your BIOS is reporting a fan failure, it is probably really failed and should be serviced.
    [ Fuduntu.org ] - [ Fuduntu Forum ] - [ Fuduntu Blog ] - [ Fuduntu Wiki ]

For a classic desktop with the latest apps, get Fuduntu!