Thread: problem with nautilus configuration tool.

Beans

problem with nautilus configuration tool.

Hi,
    my problem is: I need to open the nautilus config tool, and so i did.... or tryed, it started loading but it didn't open, so i removed it with the software centre and installed it again. Now i can't even find the app, although it's installed. i don't know what to do...

excuse my poor knowledge of english

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: problem with nautilus configuration tool.

Quote Originally Posted by luissao88 View Post
    Hi,
    my problem is: I need to open the nautilus config tool, and so i did.... or tryed, it started loading but it didn't open, so i removed it with the software centre and installed it again. Now i can't even find the app, although it's installed. i don't know what to do...

excuse my poor knowledge of english
    What program are you talking about (name ?)
    AMD FX-6200 - MSI 4.1Ghz- Nvidia GTX550Ti -12/GIG - 60GB-SSD/500 Sata - 12.04 - Gnome 3

Beans

if you are referring to 'nautilus-actions' & on 11.10 then it was released broken & never fixed (inexcusable really

It's fairly easy to build but I guess you could use the getdeb repo to install
    (I stopped paying attention to them when they closed off access to their source code/builds (or easily found access.

Main page (click on link to see how to use, you can't download .deb's directly
    http://www.getdeb.net/welcome/

na page
    http://www.getdeb.net/updates/Ubuntu...autilus-action

Beans

my problem is that even if nautilus actions is installed (I tryed installing it by your link but it's the same) I can't find it (before i could, but anyway the program didn't work).

in fact what i want to do is to paste a file with admin mode, (i'm trying to install Age of Mythology (with wine) in my netbook, which has not cd reader and i need to paste the cd2 folder in z

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Sometimes, when you can't find a program, you can go into Synaptic and search for a program, nautilus in this case, and click the "installed files" tab in the information part of the window at the bottom. A file tree of installed files will appear, and you will look for a file in /usr/bin which provides the path to the executable. Then you can open the file in a terminal like
    Code:
    /usr/bin/nautilus-actions-config-tool &
    The & at the end will allow the terminal to continue to be used, and keep the config-tool open even if you happen to shut down the terminal.

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but it should give you an idea how to find the command to launch a program if you can't find it and the "which" or "whereis" commands aren't helping you.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Rick.B9 View Post
    Sometimes, when you can't find a program, you can go into Synaptic and search for a program, nautilus in this case, and click the "installed files" tab in the information part of the window at the bottom. A file tree of installed files will appear, and you will look for a file in /usr/bin which provides the path to the executable. Then you can open the file in a terminal like
    Code:
    /usr/bin/nautilus-actions-config-tool &
    The & at the end will allow the terminal to continue to be used, and keep the config-tool open even if you happen to shut down the terminal.

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but it should give you an idea how to find the command to launch a program if you can't find it and the "which" or "whereis" commands aren't helping you.
    Thank you! you solved my problem
    That's what I love about ubuntu, everyday i learn something new