Thread: Metacity strange issue 11.04 amd64

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Metacity strange issue 11.04 amd64

I have this persisting conflict i guess- in which the window control buttons (using metacity) aren't displaying overlay, rarely ever.
    I have been looking around online for weeks, maybe not putting in appropriate search terms or something- i dunno, no luck helping me figure out how to fix it, its not critical- just abit annoying. I also want to still be able to have compiz 3D animations- is it possible? I would try emerald themes.... but they dont seem to be working with 11.04

Let me kinda add a video link here so you might see what im trying to explain-

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58975533/out.mp4

Probably is simple, so if anyone can help fix so the overlays will appear, thanks.
    Last edited by Jakin; March 16th, 2012 at 08:35 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Metacity strange issue 11.04 amd64

Sorry to double post, i actually got Emerald working on my 11.04amd with this patch https://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/fo...ic.php?p=16593
    Unfortunatly i have the exact same overlay issues as i had using metacity - this is very strange :/

Beans

http://sta.sh/01e5uswnmwfd There's a link to alternate buttons for the Blue Wave theme. See if they work better for you what DE are you running into issues with so I know, seeing as I have arch and ubuntu, I should be able to replicate issue. What amd card you using, are you using the closed or open source drivers. I have the amd radeon 4200 myself I can't remember what DE i was testing the other day but I remember having the same issue as the one in the video. For what ever reason I dont seem to have an issue with the buttons I supplied.

Beans
    Distro

I am using Ubuntu 11.04 amd64 Gnome 2.32 I also have ATi Radeon 4200 series, using the proprietary drivers.
    I tried your alternate buttons for Blue Wave, package, was to no avail :/
    I have tried many other themes as well- and it appears to be a global issue, not the specific theme im using.

Beans
    Distro

Whatever was causing it; Resolved itself once i did a clean install of ubuntu 11.04 amd64... i had even used deja dup to restore settings that were in place when this issue appeared.. So i dunno- but its fixed.