Thread: Terminal scrollbar background color

Beans

Terminal scrollbar background color

Hello,

does anyone know how to change the background color of the xfce4-terminal scrollbar?

After changing the bg color of the terminal (edit > preferences > colors) I also want to change the scrollbar bg color to fit the new look. The black background seems to be terminal only, other windows got a gray-ish scrollbar bg color.

Many thanks
    brainwash

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Terminal scrollbar background color

The color of scrollbars, menus, buttons, etc. are all determined by your current theme, which is found under Appearance/Style in the Settings Manager. More can be added with the xfwm4-themes package. To change individual elements you might have to manually edit the theme config files.

You could also try the overlay scrollbar style by installing package overlay-scrollbar. That provides a popup scrollbar with a small footprint that blends with the window background.

Cheers!
    husband@wife$ make sandwich
    Permission denied
    husband@wife$ sudo make sandwich

Beans

Thanks for your hint.

So I checked the theme config files and there is indeed a special file for the terminal appearance:

/usr/share/themes/greybird/gtk-2.0/apps/terminal.rc

The overlay-scrollbar looks interesting too. I'll install the package later to get an impression of this concept.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by brainwash View Post
    The overlay-scrollbar looks interesting too. I'll install the package later to get an impression of this concept.
    Just thought I'd "poke" this thread

Did you go for the overlay scrollbars? I have them by default because I installed Xfce 4.10 on top of Ubuntu 12.04 and quite like them.
    de gustibus et coloribus non est disputandum -- Wiktionary

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by vasa1 View Post
    Did you go for the overlay scrollbars? I have them by default because I installed Xfce 4.10 on top of Ubuntu 12.04 and quite like them.
    I really don't dislike any of the major desktop environments, even the new tablet-oriented ones, but I prefer having normal scrollbars.
    GNU/Linux