Thread: Problem with installation and language

Beans

Angry Problem with installation and language

Hello

I really need help with Ubuntu. I'm so NOOB with this and I'm about to throw my computer out of my window. I have problems and questions:

1. I cannot install some apps from Software Center, because I tried to install Teamviewer and now I can't install app from Software center because I tried to install Teamviewer and it said I got too many errors in installation so it didn't install whole Teamviewer and now it's bugging or something.. (teamviewer7:i386 How I can delete that? I have tried tutorials but I have no clue where is System folder... I'm so frustrated atm. Ubuntu is great better than Vista but still..

2. How I can set my language back to English? Oh nevermind I just noticed that my Ubuntu is so messed up. It says I can't install or uninstall any languages. This is my poor translate of error:
    "You can't install or uninstall any programs. Fix the problem using Synaptic (something) or with command "Sudo apt-get install -f". Title is something like "Program database is broken" idk.

I'm also getting spammed in software center. It says something like this: "Programs can't be installed or uninstalled before packetlist (or something) is fixed. Do you want to fix it now? when I click Fix it asks me password and then goes away and that error pops up. This is all Teamviewer's fault. Should I just uninstall ubuntu and go back to vista? I'm dissapointed because I want to have Ubuntu but this makes me to uninstall it. Everything is made so hard.

If someone can help me to uninstall teamviewer I would appreciate it.

Edit: I'm also having sometimes problems that my Pidgin etc window goes darker (Freezes) for a while..
    Last edited by oldos2er; March 14th, 2012 at 07:58 PM. Reason: edited for language

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Absolutely..Noob..And..Annoyed

OK, for all your problems I have one solution: Reinstall. If you have any data in Ubuntu you want to save, back it up and do a clean reinstallation. If you have problems after that, let us know and we'll be glad to help. But for your current situation, a reinstallation is probably the best thing you can do.
    Good luck!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Open a terminal (Ctrl-Alt-t) and run
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install -f
    If there are errors please copy and paste the terminal output here.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Problem with installation and language

Reinstalling ("Nuke 'em from orbit") is not a solution and should not be the first consideration.

Could you copy the errors as requested? There might be clues there.
    Last edited by QIII; March 14th, 2012 at 08:08 PM.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans

How did you install Teamviewer? I just searched synaptic package manager and teamviewer was not listed.

I have just searched online for Teamviewer for Ubuntu and it looks like it installs like any other debian/ubuntu package. In that case, if you open up the terminal type the following:

Code:
    sudo apt-get purge teamviewer

Beans

Why is everything made so hard? I uninstalled Ubuntu and I will try ONE MORE TIME. IF I follow tutorial "How to play RSPS with ubuntu" I still get error. IF I read tutorial how to uninstall something I CANT UNDERSTAND IT. THANK YOU Teamviewer. Well atleast I changed my language with tutorial.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by QIII View Post
    Reinstalling ("Nuke 'em from orbit") is not a solution and should not be the first consideration.

Could you copy the errors as requested? There might be clues there.
    My advice was based on the OP's high frustration level with the current system- if they are willing and able to keep plugging away at issues, I agree it would be better to try to sort things out.