Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 75

Thread: Black video with audio

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Beans
    647

    Black video with audio

    This started yesterday. When I try to watch live TV or recorded TV, I get audio, but black/blank video.

    I did the normal updates with a reboot, but nothing other than that (i.e. no config changes).

    This is a frontend (10.10) that has the black video problem, but the backend/frontend (10.10) plays video just fine.

    Youtube plays back ok and so does VLC.

    Could someone help me troubleshoot this?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Christchurch, NZ
    Beans
    3,239

    Re: Black video with audio

    Quote Originally Posted by davidstoll View Post
    This started yesterday. When I try to watch live TV or recorded TV, I get audio, but black/blank video.

    I did the normal updates with a reboot, but nothing other than that (i.e. no config changes).

    This is a frontend (10.10) that has the black video problem, but the backend/frontend (10.10) plays video just fine.

    Youtube plays back ok and so does VLC.

    Could someone help me troubleshoot this?
    logs? (why do I have to say this so often??)

    what did you update and what are the respective versions of key software (what was it before, what is it now?)

    what video card and driver? is the driver working properly since the update?

    none of us have access to yuor machine, and we are not mind readers.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Beans
    647

    Re: Black video with audio

    It's a nettop, so it has an NVidia ION.

    The "Additional Drivers" gui says it is "the current version", but I don't think that got upgraded. I only did the normal package updates...chrome, myth related stuff, etc.

    My partial log is attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Aotearoha
    Beans
    2,661
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: Black video with audio

    You have a heap of audio errors in the log..
    You should re-scan the audio devices (mythfrontend setup menu) & make sure your selection is one on the list & check your video playback profiles..

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Beans
    647

    Re: Black video with audio

    Quote Originally Posted by BicyclerBoy View Post
    You have a heap of audio errors in the log..
    You should re-scan the audio devices (mythfrontend setup menu) & make sure your selection is one on the list & check your video playback profiles..
    I re-scanned and picked about 6 different devices, one at a time and re-checked. Some gave me sound, but none gave me video.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Beans
    647

    Re: Black video with audio

    Quote Originally Posted by davidstoll View Post
    I re-scanned and picked about 6 different devices, one at a time and re-checked. Some gave me sound, but none gave me video.
    I also tried NULL, but it didn't help.

    I think it is related to VDPAU. I just changed the rendering profile from VDPAU Slim to Normal and video played...well HD not very well, but it did play.

    I also tried other VDPAU profiles, but no luck.
    Only works with non-VDPAU profiles.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Christchurch, NZ
    Beans
    3,239

    Re: Black video with audio

    What version of mythtv are you running?

    There are some changes in 0.25.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Christchurch, NZ
    Beans
    3,239

    Re: Black video with audio

    also a log with -v playback may help.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Beans
    647

    Re: Black video with audio

    Quote Originally Posted by nickrout View Post
    What version of mythtv are you running?

    There are some changes in 0.25.
    Forgot about that.... 0.24

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Beans
    647

    Re: Black video with audio

    Also, I can't vnc into the machine. It asks for a password and then I get an I/O error. Now that I think about it, that's probably related.

    Maybe it was that darn solar flare...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •