Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Install LinuxDC++

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Joke?

1.0.0 is exact same version than latest in CVS, and also if you read the release notes you'll see this:

You can look forward to many more things to
    come in the near future
    including i18n support, user commands and magnet
    support.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Just realized that I'm totally blind. Thank you, and sorry for misunderstanding.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Mm well, crap happends for all of us sometimes

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Install LinuxDC++

hey i installed linuxdcpp but it still is not connecting...
    i guess it is connecting but probably there is some incompatibility with linux in the hub... it is showing following message...

*** Connecting
    *** Connected
    *** Connect failed: Connection closed

Beans

also when i try to connect with password then i'm getting connected to hubs but the problem is with file list.... i' receiving this message...

(linuxdcpp:8761): Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()

and after some time i get this message...

(linuxdcpp:8761): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_text_buffer_emit_insert: assertion `g_utf8_validate (text, len, NULL)' failed

please help i'm desparately trying to keep myself on UBUNTU but every time i need to use dc++ i have to restart to windows... this is the only application that is keeping me on windows...

Beans

hey i just worked out and somehow managed to connect... but now the problem has changed... now i can easily get file lists and match queues and all but the problem is that the program crashes with the following message on the terminal....

(linuxdcpp:8409): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_text_buffer_emit_insert: assertion `g_utf8_validate (text, len, NULL)' failed
    Segmentation fault (core dumped)

now this is a real problem....

actually what i think the problem might be is that on the nick list lot of nicks are not ascii characters... and i'm assuming probably that's the reason this message is shown...

(linuxdcpp:8409): Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()

i'm a hardcore fan of dc++ and with dc++ being available on linux i'm really thrilled... please please help me solve this problem....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by pranshu View Post
    hey i just worked out and somehow managed to connect... but now the problem has changed... now i can easily get file lists and match queues and all but the problem is that the program crashes with the following message on the terminal....

(linuxdcpp:8409): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_text_buffer_emit_insert: assertion `g_utf8_validate (text, len, NULL)' failed
    Segmentation fault (core dumped)

now this is a real problem....

actually what i think the problem might be is that on the nick list lot of nicks are not ascii characters... and i'm assuming probably that's the reason this message is shown...

(linuxdcpp:8409): Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()

i'm a hardcore fan of dc++ and with dc++ being available on linux i'm really thrilled... please please help me solve this problem....
    Those errors on the commandline are not necessarily what caused it to crash. They occur all the time and are generally just warnings. You need to look at the backtrace from the coredump to see why it really crashed. Read our manual in the wiki (mentioned in the first post) to see how to do this.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Its in Gutsy and it works fine.
    sudo apt-get install linuxdcpp

Or should I have read the whole thread?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

stevensheehy:
    I think there is something missing on the cvs server.
    If I get a fresh copy from cvs and try to build and install according to your instructions, it immediately errors out:
    scons: *** Error writing options to file: build/sconf/scache.conf
    [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'build/sconf/scache.conf'
    The reason for this is that there is no linuxdcpp/build/ directory (it's not on the cvs server either).
    If I copy my build/ directory from a backup it all works fine.

I posted a temporary fix here, in case anyone would run in to this problem before it is solved in a proper way.

Edit: An even better fix is of course to install the deb from getdeb.net. It's the same as the current cvs build.
    Last edited by jocko; October 28th, 2007 at 10:21 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    stevensheehy:
    I think there is something missing on the cvs server.
    If I get a fresh copy from cvs and try to build and install according to your instructions, it immediately errors out:
    The reason for this is that there is no linuxdcpp/build/ directory (it's not on the cvs server either).
    If I copy my build/ directory from a backup it all works fine.

I posted a temporary fix here, in case anyone would run in to this problem before it is solved in a proper way.

Edit: An even better fix is of course to install the deb from getdeb.net. It's the same as the current cvs build.
    Well, it's not the same as CVS. GetDeb has binaries for the 1.0.0 release. Since that time there have been two CVS updates. Regardless, I recommend installing the 1.0.0 deb unless you need the bleeding edge features of CVS (and the defects that go along with them).

Your build dir issue has been fixed in the latest CVS.

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast