Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Install LinuxDC++

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: HOWTO: Install LinuxDC++

Hello, I have a "little" problem.
    I just can't download files not neither the filelist, it just says "connection timeout"
    This it not happens with all users, and I know that the problem it's not about passive mode or something like that, because I can download files from some passives users.
    maybe someone knows what it's happening?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Quote Originally Posted by stevensheehy View Post
    I just committed a major update in which I added a bunch of features like /commands, etc.:

Code:
    Did you notify the Debian package manager (Romain Beauxis <toots@rastageeks.org>)?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by kikkum View Post
    Did you notify the Debian package manager (Romain Beauxis <toots@rastageeks.org>)?
    Why would I do that? We update much more often than I've happened to mention in this thread, as you can see in our changelog. Am I to email him each time? Am I also to email other distro package providers like ALT Linux Sisyphus, FreeBSD, NetBSD, etc.? Besides, he's been able to keep up-to-date thus far, except it looks like Romain is having issues with the upgrade to DC++ core 0.691 since his cvs version is 20060613. This is why I recommend compiling from CVS, you don't get the latest updates otherwise.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

You could do it to make me a happier man But I'll try cvs'ing it them sometime.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by kikkum View Post
    You could do it to make me a happier man But I'll try cvs'ing it them sometime.
    It's not that hard, the step-by-step instructions on the first page works perfectly !

Beans

I do not seem to be able to install as described in this howto. I run a pretty fresh Dapper (i386) installation and get the following:

sudo apt-get install cvs scons build-essential libgtk2.0-dev libglade2-dev zlib1g-dev libbz2-dev

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    libgtk2.0-dev: Depends: libgtk2.0-0 (= 2.8.17-1ubuntu5) but 2.8.18-0ubuntu2 is to be installed
    Depends: libglib2.0-dev (>= 2.8.5) but it is not going to be installed
    Depends: libpango1.0-dev (>= 1.10.0-2) but it is not going to be installed
    Depends: libatk1.0-dev (>= 1.6.1-2) but it is not going to be installed
    E: Broken packages

I have also tried the suggested:

sudo apt-get install libglitz1-dev

But that did not seem to help.

Any suggestion would be much appreciated, thanks!

Erik

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Looks like there's some issues with your repository. Your libgtk2.0-dev is depending on an older libgtk2.0 package. It even says as much at the bottom with "Broken packages". You should make sure you only have the default repositories enabled and reload the list using synaptic. If that doesn't work, you may have to contact Ubuntu devs for help.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by stevensheehy View Post
    You should make sure you only have the default repositories enabled and reload the list using synaptic.
    Thanks a Mil for that! I replaced the repository (which was, IIRC, a present from easyubuntu) with the one from the ubuntuguide and it worked like a charm. I am very pleased with LinuxDC++!

There seems to be a minor issue that the terminal from which I start the application keeps giving:

(ldcpp:6691): Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()

Not sure if that should bother me?
    Further I do not seem to get stunnel encryption working on Dapper, but that might be a bit off-topick here.

Anyway, thanks again!

Beans

This is weird, I used to run the version that is installed with automatix, and after reading this thread realised that it was quite old. I installed from cvs today, and while the application looks a lot better I can't connect to my normal hubs anymore.

They complain:
    Code:
    You are either using a too old or non accepted client for this hub. We are currently only allowing clients that support extended protocol tth hashing and have dc++  myinfo string present. The client can not have such as bandwidth limitation or fake share possibilities.
    We currently require atleast DC++ 0.668, fulDC 6.58 or McDC++ 0.26
    And the hublog says:

Code:
    The clientversion that you are running is not allowed in this
     hub, please upgrade before coming back!
    This is quite odd, as I just upgraded from an older version, and then it was no problem to connect.

Has LinuxDC++ changed its info string recently?

EDIT: Crap, it seems that it's the hubs I'm connecting to that hasn't changed the version they allow to the latest dc++. So, disregard the above.
    Last edited by nylle; July 22nd, 2006 at 04:59 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by evdm View Post
    (ldcpp:6691): Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()
    Ignore these.

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast