Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Install LinuxDC++

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Re: HOWTO: Install LinuxDC++

I just upgraded the dc++ core of LinuxDC++ from 0.674 to 0.691. There are a lot of nice features and bug fixes in this. This is from the changelog (pay special note to the warning):

* Upgraded the client core to version 0.691:
    <WARNING>
    * All sources to downloads will be lost (not the files) due to Queue.xml core changes.
    * Some settings will have to be reconfigured (namely connection mode & speed).
    </WARNING>
    * Added features:
    * Disconnect slow users.
    * IP field can accept a hostname.
    * Markers for ZDownloads, TTH Trees, TTH Check, Secure (Not supported) & Rollback.
    * Show timestamps options.
    * Log Hub, PM and Filelist transfers.
    * Option to use Monospaced font for Hub & PM (thanks UrkeMMI).
    * Tab bolding options for Hub, PM, Search, Finished Downloads and Finished Uploads.
    * Notification when searching too soon.
    * Fixed bugs:
    * Bug #6103: crashes when have no permission to create file/directory (untested)
    * Bug #6294: Hub topics not working
    * Bug #6462: User list loading very slow (on Open DC hubs)
    * Switching connection mode requires a restart.
    * Completely rewrote settings dialog to make room for the new options.
    * Hid most of the unimplemented settings.
    * Fixed bug #7651: GUI Freeze (in downloadqueue)
    * Rewrote the character encoding code to use a user-specified fallback locale (default CP1252)
    if current locale fails. Not a 100% fix for unicode issues, but a start.

Enjoy

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Note that this updated may fix the rehashing files on startup issue. I would appreciate if people could test and reply back here if fixed or not.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Quote Originally Posted by stevensheehy
    Note that this updated may fix the rehashing files on startup issue. I would appreciate if people could test and reply back here if fixed or not.
    No it isn't. Still rehashing the same tracks.
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. 2+2=5.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Can't say what it is, but the upgrade fixed any problems I had with downloading! Excellent work and nice update in general! You guys ROCK!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Hi,

I think I have a different problem. When I try to contact cvs with "cvs -dserver:anonymous@cvs.linuxdcpp.berlios.de:/cvsroot/linuxdcpp login" the connection fails, and I am quite sure that it is because the Firewall is blocking access to the port (2401).

Is there any other way for me to download the source? I was able to downlaod the .deb package linuxdcpp_0.0.1.cvs20060530-1_i386.deb, but my debian installer gives an error: Depenency is not satisfiable: libc6.

I wonder if somebody could help me with a workaround? (I use ubuntu dapper, I have all the other programmes installed, except for the files that I need to download from the cvs server)

Thanks

Weiers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by weiersc
    I think I have a different problem. When I try to contact cvs with "cvs -dserver:anonymous@cvs.linuxdcpp.berlios.de:/cvsroot/linuxdcpp login" the connection fails, and I am quite sure that it is because the Firewall is blocking access to the port (2401).
    You don't need to specifically allow ports to connect with cvs. You're initiating the connection so the port is already open when the server replies. More likely, the server was down at the time and you should try again. Unless you setup some really weird firewall rules...

Quote Originally Posted by weiersc
    Is there any other way for me to download the source? I was able to downlaod the .deb package linuxdcpp_0.0.1.cvs20060530-1_i386.deb, but my debian installer gives an error: Depenency is not satisfiable: libc6.
    We don't provide the source except through CVS. The debian is the only other way (and that isn't an official way). If the debian doesn't install, then probably the CVS won't install either. You need to get libc6, which should've been downloaded if you got the build-essential package.

Beans

how does this compare to valknut?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Valknut, being written in Qt, intergrates better with KDE. However, if you're familiar with DC++ in Windows and are a GNOME user, Linux DC++ will make you feel at home. Valknut's is a complete program, though, while DC++ is alpha and doesn't have as many features implemented (properly) yet (for instance, downloading a directory is still buggy in Linux DC++).
    What's wrong with closed and open source co-exisiting?

Beans

Under Dapper amd-k8 kernel (not that that should make a difference?), the download, compile and install works fine, I can run the programme fine, but it simply will not hash any files or generate a file list.

When I open ldcpp, in the statusbar is the message "Hashing failed: could not open file", irrespective of the file I have set it to hash; be it in my local directory or not.

Executing ldcpp under gksudo does not help either.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Fixed!

Turns out there's a bug in the 64-bit compile whereby ~/.dc++/HashData.dat isn't created. A simple # touch ~/.dc++/HashData.dat and ldcpp is on it's way!
    Last edited by Oblong_Cheese; June 22nd, 2006 at 02:45 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I got the program working fine, except I can't seem to share most directories.. It works for some, but on others it crashes right away. So far I haven't been able to share a folder on an NTFS drive. But it even has problems with some folders under ext3. It seems like it doesn't like sharing folders with lots of periods and/or strange symbols.. But if I share a dir under that with a simple name it does share it o_0

Ubuntu 6.06LTS - Kernel 6.15-25 K7

AMD Sempron64 3400+
    Asus K8V-SE Deluxe
    1.5GB DDR400
    80GB IDE133 - EXT3
    250GB SATA - NTFS
    300GB SATA - NTFS
    120GB FireWire External - NTFS
    Last edited by snek; June 22nd, 2006 at 07:37 PM.

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast