Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: HOWTO: Install LinuxDC++

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Install LinuxDC++

Quote Originally Posted by piyush.neo View Post
    how to share files....
    i am using preference>sharing>add
    but its not accepting any of my files...
    plz help..
    I'm having the same problem too and I've abandoned my attempts at getting Linux dc++ to work. I'm wondering if it's a partition format issue as my external hdd is in NTFS. I've had success getting Windows based dc clients to work with Crossover Pro.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

strange i have had ntfs drives share fine...

how large s the file you are trying to share?

try making a folder that has a small share like 5-10 gb

i figures out my previous question my usb hdd uses to much power for one port.

if i share a small size it does fine but when i try to hash over 30gb it crashes
    asrock 890 delux fx4 amd 6 core 2.8ghz 4 gigs ddr 3 ram

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I am experiencing very slow downloads from linuxdcpp like 5 kiB/s whereas the win counterpart is downloading at 9 MB/s!!!
    How to detect and correct the problem?

Thank You eagerly waiting for some advice.

Beans

I am using StrongDC++ 2.30 Based on DC++ 0.75 under wine 1.1.36 with almost no bad effects. Minor problem with some text lists not displaying text sometimes but minimize to tray and then it comes back OK. Also it has crashed twice but I was also running emule in wine and doing network disk transfers so I can't complain. Since StrongDC++ is a multi-segment download client it can download from multiple people at once and I downloaded 6 700MB video files overnight with speed caps set at 400KB Down / 60KB Up ( you have to at least do 1 for 7 with your UL vs DL speed caps ). So I would vote for StrongDC++ via Wine as the best DC++ solution since it works 95% and has many more features and speed than other DC clients.

I just wish I would have tried to run it in Wine a year ago

Note: I did add the repositories from WineHQ to allow install of Wine 1.1.36 as I am using 9.04 Ubuntu x86 Desktop on the box in question and it only has Wine 1.0.1-0ubuntu6 in the repositories so I have no idea if StrongDC++ works with the 1.0.1 Wine in the Repositories as I did not test that and went strait to the newest stable wine release.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

LinuxDC++ also has segmented downloads in its latest version. It's not officially released yet, but you can find pre-release debian packages for it on our PPA on Launchpad:

https://launchpad.net/~linuxdcpp-team/+archive/ppa

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

LinuxDC++ 1.1.0 released:

LinuxDC++ 1.1.0 is a major milestone encapsulating over two years worth of effort. Major changes include internationalization support, DC++ core 0.75, a favorite users tab, desktop notifications and a command line interface. Numerous other changes including bug fixes and feature enhancements can be found in the changelog.

Binaries can be found in our release PPA: https://launchpad.net/~linuxdcpp-team/+archive/release
    Read more

Beans

Hi

I have some problem with linux dcpp on ubuntu.
    I have to run opendchub as server and want two clients to connect to it.
    I have one vitual machine running on same ubuntu.
    I connect to same server from my machine as well as VM client using linuxdcpp.
    But I do not see the files shared by VM client on my machine client and vice versa.

Where do I see other users and files. I tried searching , no use.
    Am i doing something wrong?

Please help.

Beans

Works a dream, even 5 years on!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by stevensheehy View Post
    To do this in one command:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install bzr scons build-essential libgtk2.0-dev libglade2-dev zlib1g-dev libbz2-dev libssl-dev libboost-dev
    libnotify-dev is now also required.

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435