Ok, I'm having a heck of a time getting linuxdcpp out of passive mode. I've followed the instructions to a T, and all my ports are forwarded properly (or so I think) but nothing seems to take. To attempt to solve it, I flushed my iptables, ran firestarter to make sure no ports were being blocked, set up port forwarding (9176 -> 9176 for both UDP and TCP), and set my Ubuntu box on the DMZ for my router so it's not behind the firewall. I can't think of anything else. My WAN IP is dynamic, but my internal IPs are static.

I used Valknut on Slackware for the past few years with no router and I had no problem going active. I'd like the same for linuxdc++ as it seems to be as good or better than Valknut, but there is something that is preventing it. I think it must be in my router config, but I can't figure it out since the ports are forwarded properly and it's on the DMZ. The only thing I can think of is that it has to do with the dynamic vs. static IP addresses. I could be way off base here, but that's what it seems to be to me. Any suggestions?

Thanks!