Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Install LinuxDC++

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: HOWTO: Install LinuxDC++

Quote Originally Posted by stevensheehy View Post
    Compiling in debug mode adds line numbers so I can see where it crashed. The backtrace shows it's crashing because of some socket issues but that should be completely unrelated to the issue with adding a shared folder. Ok, let's try a few things. First don't open up any tabs when you startup (so remove autoconnect stuff). Second, instead of running in gdb, run "ulimit -c unlimited" to enable coredumps. Then run ldcpp as normal. It will produce a coredump file when it crashes. Run "gdb --core=your.core.file ./ldcpp" then run "bt" and paste the backtrace here. Sometimes ldcpp has weird crashes when ran in gdb and connecting over sockets.
    Sorry, I completely missed your second post. I don't have any tabs opening at startup so it's not it. Here's the backtrace from coredump.

Code:
    (gdb) bt
    #0  0xffffe410 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
    #1  0xb763a9a1 in raise () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
    #2  0xb763c2b9 in abort () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
    #3  0xb7819c1e in __gnu_cxx::__verbose_terminate_handler () from /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
    #4  0xb7817915 in __gxx_personality_v0 () from /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
    #5  0xb781794a in std::terminate () from /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
    #6  0xb781795f in std::terminate () from /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
    #7  0xb7817418 in __cxa_call_unexpected () from /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
    #8  0x0808fd3a in ConnectionManager::Server::run (this=0x85518f8) at client/ConnectionManager.cpp:260
    #9  0x081685d8 in Thread::starter (p=0x85518f8) at Thread.h:130
    #10 0xb7fa7341 in start_thread () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libpthread.so.0
    #11 0xb76db4ee in clone () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Open up client/ConnectionManager.cpp and scroll to line 260. Replace the while loop (e.g. lines 261-265) with this:
    Code:
    	try {
    		while(!die) {
    			if(sock.wait(POLL_TIMEOUT, Socket::WAIT_READ) == Socket::WAIT_READ) {
    				ConnectionManager::getInstance()->accept(sock, secure);
    			}
    		}
    	} catch(const SocketException&) { }
    sock.wait() throws an exception but ConnectionManager::Server::run() is not supposed to throw any exceptions. Why this is at all related to adding a share, I have no idea.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by stevensheehy View Post
    Open up client/ConnectionManager.cpp and scroll to line 260. Replace the while loop (e.g. lines 261-265) with this:
    Code:
    	try {
    		while(!die) {
    			if(sock.wait(POLL_TIMEOUT, Socket::WAIT_READ) == Socket::WAIT_READ) {
    				ConnectionManager::getInstance()->accept(sock, secure);
    			}
    		}
    	} catch(const SocketException&) { }
    sock.wait() throws an exception but ConnectionManager::Server::run() is not supposed to throw any exceptions. Why this is at all related to adding a share, I have no idea.
    Heh, don't know either what was going on, but anyhow, that did the trick and no more crashes. Thank you very much for your help and keep up the good work!

Pete

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Smile Re: HOWTO: Install LinuxDC++

Looks great! I had no problems pulling the latest sources from CVS and compiling them. Fantastic job and this was a real help to me.
    Last edited by naktekh; September 7th, 2006 at 02:40 AM. Reason: Whoops - the feature is there, I just didn't look.

Beans
    Hidden!

I used ur advice from Ubuntu:Compiling Linux DCpp about running linuxdcpp in a different locale but I get this error:
    Code:
    (linuxdcpp:25489): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
            Using the fallback 'C' locale.
    Is there any package I need to install? btw my locale is lt_LT

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

Thanks for improving the hash speed, hashes ~100% faster at best

Quote Originally Posted by Oblong_Cheese View Post
    Under Dapper amd-k8 kernel (not that that should make a difference?), the download, compile and install works fine, I can run the programme fine, but it simply will not hash any files or generate a file list.

When I open ldcpp, in the statusbar is the message "Hashing failed: could not open file", irrespective of the file I have set it to hash; be it in my local directory or not.

Executing ldcpp under gksudo does not help either.

Does anyone know why this is happening

Fixed!

Turns out there's a bug in the 64-bit compile whereby ~/.dc++/HashData.dat isn't created. A simple # touch ~/.dc++/HashData.dat and ldcpp is on it's way!
    Same problem with my 32-bit compile (tested with both dapper and edgy), "touch .dc++/hashData.dat" fixes it for me as well.

Beans

hey,
    i've followed your instrucions and everything is fine exept one important thing: i cannot search...though i can download from a user's file list, and the search is only showing that hint i've already have in my downloading queue.
    i've got a router, but i've got port forwarding set up correctly too(i think), normaly it doesn't tell me any error, just doesn't search...
    but if i change the port numbers to others one(which aren't open) then i get tcp and upd error message in the terminal where i started the program.

anyway, is it posibble, to download with multiple line?

thanks in advance.

p.s.: sorry for my bad english

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by rebegin View Post
    hey,
    i've followed your instrucions and everything is fine exept one important thing: i cannot search...though i can download from a user's file list, and the search is only showing that hint i've already have in my downloading queue.
    i've got a router, but i've got port forwarding set up correctly too(i think), normaly it doesn't tell me any error, just doesn't search...
    but if i change the port numbers to others one(which aren't open) then i get tcp and upd error message in the terminal where i started the program.
    Searching requires a UDP port to be open. Make sure you have this set up correctly in your router and your firewall (if any). Read the DC++ FAQ to see how to poke through routers. You can always set it to passive if you can't get it to work. By the way, I have never seen a case where not being able to search was caused by something other than user error.

Quote Originally Posted by rebegin View Post
    anyway, is it posibble, to download with multiple line?
    Not sure what you're asking here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

First off all thanks for all work with Linudc++ and this How to.

Application works but I want it to start without have terminal-window open,
    how is that done?

Edit:Im op in a hub, app crasched when I kicked a user "segmentation error"...
    Last edited by janne5011; September 28th, 2006 at 01:29 PM. Reason: added question
    dell 4100, hp6910p, popcorn hour,nslu2

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by janne5011 View Post
    Application works but I want it to start without have terminal-window open, how is that done?
    Open it in nautilus and double click the executable or make a link to put on your desktop or make a menu etry or add to panel or...

Quote Originally Posted by janne5011 View Post
    Edit:Im op in a hub, app crasched when I kicked a user "segmentation error"...
    Read the manual in the wiki on how to get backtraces and paste it here or open a bug on our site.

Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast