Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Install LinuxDC++

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: HOWTO: Install LinuxDC++

Hi

I upgraded with cvs today 21.8 (cvs update -d) and now the program crashes every time i try to add custom Download to -option in options->download. The programs just shuts down when I click the Add-button. I went ahead to file a bug but there was something wrong with the registration so i figured someone might find this here.

EDIT: The crashing happens also when i try to add a shared folder so maybe something wrong with that add-window

I ran the ldcpp in gdb and this followed:

Code:
    [New Thread -1324110928 (LWP 10263)]
    [Thread -1324110928 (LWP 10263) exited]
    [New Thread -1324110928 (LWP 10264)]
    [Thread -1324110928 (LWP 10264) exited]
    [New Thread -1324110928 (LWP 10271)]
    [Thread -1324110928 (LWP 10271) exited]
    [New Thread -1324110928 (LWP 10272)]
    [Thread -1315447888 (LWP 10262) exited]
    terminate called after throwing an instance of 'SocketException'

Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted.
    [Switching to Thread -1289864272 (LWP 10259)]
    0xffffe410 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
    and backtrace produced the following:
    Code:
    (gdb) backtrace
    #0  0xffffe410 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
    #1  0xb75f49a1 in raise () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
    #2  0xb75f62b9 in abort () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
    #3  0xb77d3c1e in __gnu_cxx::__verbose_terminate_handler ()
       from /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
    #4  0xb77d1915 in __gxx_personality_v0 () from /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
    #5  0xb77d194a in std::terminate () from /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
    #6  0xb77d195f in std::terminate () from /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
    #7  0xb77d1418 in __cxa_call_unexpected () from /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
    #8  0x0808ec8a in ConnectionManager::Server::run ()
    #9  0x081646c0 in Thread::starter ()
    #10 0xb7f61341 in start_thread () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libpthread.so.0
    #11 0xb76954ee in clone () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
    I'm running ubuntu dapper drake with gnome 2.14.3

Hope this helps,
    pete
    Last edited by humansuit; August 21st, 2006 at 07:45 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by humansuit View Post
    I upgraded with cvs today 21.8 (cvs update -d) and now the program crashes every time i try to add custom Download to -option in options->download. The programs just shuts down when I click the Add-button. I went ahead to file a bug but there was something wrong with the registration so i figured someone might find this here.

EDIT: The crashing happens also when i try to add a shared folder so maybe something wrong with that add-window
    I could not reproduce your crash. Most likely you updated and somehow your glade file is out of sync with CVS head (probably due to differing PREFIX's). Open settingsdialog.glade and search for "dirChooserDialog", which is the dialog that pops up when you press the add button. If it doesn't exist, then it's the above problem I mentioned. If it does exist, re-compile with scons debug=1, then run in gdb and try to get it to crash when adding a download to option.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by stevensheehy View Post
    I could not reproduce your crash. Most likely you updated and somehow your glade file is out of sync with CVS head (probably due to differing PREFIX's). Open settingsdialog.glade and search for "dirChooserDialog", which is the dialog that pops up when you press the add button. If it doesn't exist, then it's the above problem I mentioned. If it does exist, re-compile with scons debug=1, then run in gdb and try to get it to crash when adding a download to option.
    Thanks for your reply.
    This was the only mention of dirChooserDialog in settingsdialog.glade:

Code:
    <widget class="GtkFileChooserDialog" id="dirChooserDialog">
    followed by bunch of <property name>s

I re-compiled dc++ with debug=1 but i don't thinks it's giving me any more info than i already pasted. Now it hangs instead of crashing when i run it in gdb and crashes with "terminate called after throwing an instance of 'SocketException' Aborted" when i run it normally.

I installed Glade Interface Designer a while ago (between initial install of ldcpp and yesterdays upgrade), could some of it's glade-libraries or something affect this? Just guessing, i really don't know much of these things

Is there any way to add shares and download to -options from the command line? everything else works just fine..

thanks,
    pete

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

You can always edit ~/.dc++/Favorites.xml if you want to add favorite dirs and edit DCPlusPlus.xml if you want to add shared dirs. Though unless you have an existing entry, the exact format to add it as is not exactly clear.

Just because the settingsdialog.glade that you opened has dirChooserDialog doesn't mean that there might not be another settingsdialog.glade on your system that ldcpp is using. It still sounds to me like you didn't upgrade it properly (e.g. you didn't supply PREFIX to both scons and scons install after cvs update). What I would recommend though is to completely start over from scratch. Remove the install and compile linuxdcpp directories and follow this howto again from scratch. You may also want to try with a new profile to see if that helps.

Beans
    Hidden!

You can always edit ~/.dc++/Favorites.xml if you want to add favorite dirs and edit DCPlusPlus.xml if you want to add shared dirs. Though unless you have an existing entry, the exact format to add it as is not exactly clear.

Just because the settingsdialog.glade that you opened has dirChooserDialog doesn't mean that there might not be another settingsdialog.glade on your system that ldcpp is using. It still sounds to me like you didn't upgrade it properly (e.g. you didn't supply PREFIX to both scons and scons install after cvs update). What I would recommend though is to completely start over from scratch. Remove the install and compile linuxdcpp directories and follow this howto again from scratch. You may also want to try with a new profile to see if that helps.
    Hi

I just uninstalled, slocated and removed everything related to dc++, including ~/.dc++/, installed again following the howto in this thread, and it still crashes everytime dirChooserDialog is needed. Any ideas? Now I can't add shared folders anymore so i can't use it anymore

Pete

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Hi

I just uninstalled, slocated and removed everything related to dc++, including ~/.dc++/, installed again following the howto in this thread, and it still crashes everytime dirChooserDialog is needed. Any ideas? Now I can't add shared folders anymore so i can't use it anymore

Pete
    Not unless you compile in debug mode and paste me an updated backtrace.

Beans
    Hidden!

Not unless you compile in debug mode and paste me an updated backtrace.
    Ok,
    Code:
    (gdb) run
    Starting program: /usr/local/bin/ldcpp
    [Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
    [New Thread -1219615040 (LWP 10314)]
    Thrown: FileException: Could not open /home/koti/.dc++/GeoIpCountryWhois.csv
    Thrown: FileException: Could not open /home/koti/.dc++/Favorites.xml
    FavoriteManager::load: FileException: Could not open /home/koti/.dc++/Favorites.xml
    Loading: Hash database
    [New Thread -1220850768 (LWP 10317)]
    Thrown: FileException: Could not open /home/koti/.dc++/HashIndex.xml
    Loading: Shared Files
    Thrown: FileException: Could not open /home/koti/.dc++/files.xml.bz2
    FileException: Could not open /home/koti/.dc++/files.xml.bz2
    [New Thread -1229243472 (LWP 10318)]
    [Thread -1229243472 (LWP 10318) exited]
    Loading: Download Queue
    [New Thread -1229243472 (LWP 10319)]
    [New Thread -1238053968 (LWP 10320)]
    [New Thread -1246446672 (LWP 10321)]
    [New Thread -1270867024 (LWP 10322)]
    [New Thread -1271583824 (LWP 10323)]
    [New Thread -1279976528 (LWP 10324)]
    [New Thread -1288369232 (LWP 10325)]
    [New Thread -1296823376 (LWP 10326)]
    Thrown: SocketException: Keskeytetty järjestelmäkutsu
    Thrown: SocketException: Keskeytetty järjestelmäkutsu
    terminate called recursively

Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted.
    [Switching to Thread -1279976528 (LWP 10324)]
    0xffffe410 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
    (Keskeytetty järjestelmäkutsu means Interrupted System Call)

Code:
    (gdb) backtrace
    #0  0xffffe410 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
    #1  0xb75df9a1 in raise () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
    #2  0xb75e12b9 in abort () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
    #3  0xb77bec1e in __gnu_cxx::__verbose_terminate_handler () from /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
    #4  0xb77bc915 in __gxx_personality_v0 () from /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
    #5  0xb77bc94a in std::terminate () from /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
    #6  0xb77bc95f in std::terminate () from /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
    #7  0xb77bc418 in __cxa_call_unexpected () from /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
    #8  0x0808fdf2 in ConnectionManager::Server::run (this=0x8585568) at client/ConnectionManager.cpp:260
    #9  0x08168750 in Thread::starter (p=0x8585568) at Thread.h:130
    #10 0xb7f4c341 in start_thread () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libpthread.so.0
    #11 0xb76804ee in clone () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
    Did i compile it corretly in debug mode; i mean is this the info you need?

Thanks,
    pete

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

The cvs update from today changed the binary name and prefix path. Though you should always read the changelog when updating, I'll post part of it here since this is important:

Code:
    2006-09-01 - Steven Sheehy
    * Changed binary name and data path from ldcpp to linuxdcpp to satisfy package maintainers.
      !!IMPORTANT!! - run "scons -c install" to remove all the old files before compiling.
    Thus, run "scons -c install" to delete the executable and any installed files. If you never ran scons install, you just need to run "scons -c".

This also means you should update your menu entries and any scripts to point to the new executable name.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Did i compile it corretly in debug mode; i mean is this the info you need?
    Compiling in debug mode adds line numbers so I can see where it crashed. The backtrace shows it's crashing because of some socket issues but that should be completely unrelated to the issue with adding a shared folder. Ok, let's try a few things. First don't open up any tabs when you startup (so remove autoconnect stuff). Second, instead of running in gdb, run "ulimit -c unlimited" to enable coredumps. Then run ldcpp as normal. It will produce a coredump file when it crashes. Run "gdb --core=your.core.file ./ldcpp" then run "bt" and paste the backtrace here. Sometimes ldcpp has weird crashes when ran in gdb and connecting over sockets.

Beans
    Hidden!

Well, i removed all once again and reinstalled, but running linuxdcpp crashes exactly the same.
    Code:
    Aborted.
    I'm beginning to think there's something wrong with my systemwide GTK/glade/whatever-files.

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast