Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Install LinuxDC++

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Re: HOWTO: Install LinuxDC++

Quote Originally Posted by Oblong_Cheese
    Turns out there's a bug in the 64-bit compile whereby ~/.dc++/HashData.dat isn't created. A simple # touch ~/.dc++/HashData.dat and ldcpp is on it's way!
    Fixed in CVS.

Quote Originally Posted by snek
    I got the program working fine, except I can't seem to share most directories.. It works for some, but on others it crashes right away. So far I haven't been able to share a folder on an NTFS drive. But it even has problems with some folders under ext3. It seems like it doesn't like sharing folders with lots of periods and/or strange symbols.. But if I share a dir under that with a simple name it does share it o_0
    I committed a possible fix for the crashing when adding shares problem. The not sharing some dirs is due to character encoding issues. There's not an easy fix.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Ah thanks a lot. I will give it a try once I am back home.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Somehow the update didn't want to work, but after uninstalling (and deleting all files from the .whatever dir in my home) and reinstalling the program it's working fine. It even shared all the files on my NTFS drives without problems...

Thanks stevensheehy, saved my life!!

Beans

Hello,
    I ran into a little problem while compiling LinuxDC++. It seems that I have all the packages that it requires, but when I run scons in linuxdcpp directry, I get *loads* of weird errors saying some crazy stuff like "./string:593:1: error: exponent has no digits". I've pasted some of the errors to here. Anyone have any ideas what might be wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolas
    Hello,
    I ran into a little problem while compiling LinuxDC++. It seems that I have all the packages that it requires, but when I run scons in linuxdcpp directry, I get *loads* of weird errors saying some crazy stuff like "./string:593:1: error: exponent has no digits". I've pasted some of the errors to here. Anyone have any ideas what might be wrong? Any help would be appreciated.
    It looks like your STL string header is messed up. Your install messes up as soon as <string> is included, so it's definitely something wrong with your system. You should have the dev files for libstdc++. If you do, try re-installing libstdc++ (mine is libstdc++6 & libstdc++6-4.0-dev).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Dapper i386 package

I built a Dapper i386 package from the deb-source at http://packages.debian.org/unstable/net/linuxdcpp, which is a cvs build itself. Installing with this package works like a charm for me, haven't experienced any bugs yet (though this is only my 2nd testing hour).

You can download it from http://ubuntu.kikkum.net/pakketten/l...613-1_i386.deb or build it yourself from the source package at the above URL by doing

$ dpkg-source -x linuxdcpp_0.0.1.cvs20060613-1.dsc
    $ cd linuxdcpp_blah
    $ fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage

and installing like

$ cd ..
    $ sudo dpkg -i linuxdcpp_0.0.1.cvs20060613-1_i386.deb

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Re: Dapper i386 package

Quote Originally Posted by kikkum
    I built a Dapper i386 package from the deb-source at http://packages.debian.org/unstable/net/linuxdcpp, which is a cvs build itself.
    Did you happen to try installing the already built Debian ones on that page to see if they worked first? I'm curious to see whether they work on Ubuntu or not...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Re: Dapper i386 package

Quote Originally Posted by stevensheehy
    Did you happen to try installing the already built Debian ones on that page to see if they worked first? I'm curious to see whether they work on Ubuntu or not...
    Indeed I tried that first, but because it's a build from the unstable branch, it has a bunch of dependencies with versions higher than the versions in Dapper. If you'd really want to, I suppose you can install all those dependencies by downloading them from the Debian repo's, but you'd be screwing up your Dapper in the process (security updates won't be applied automatically anymore, because your version would always stay higher until the next Ubuntu).

Long story short: it doesn't work (at least not out of the box, and isn't that what we all want ).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

I just committed a major update in which I added a bunch of features like /commands, etc.:

Code:
    * Removed the last vestiges of Wulfor name in the GUI (thanks Pavlov Konstantin).
    * Fixed some memory leaks.
    * callback.hh was finally removed.
    * Re-added show tray icon setting.
    * Fixed a crash when adding the same share twice (thanks Mikael Eman).
    * Fixed a crash when downloading a dir from search in debug mode (regression).
    * Hub changes:
    	* Cleaned up the source.
    	* Added keyboard events.
    	* Added ability to retrieve chat history by using the up and down arrows.
    	* Fixed problem with not having userlist sorted when joining a hub.
    	* Turned off "rules-hint" (AKA striped lines) in nick treeview to speed things up.
    	* Replaced nick completion code with the much simpler GtkEntryCompletion (5 lines of code vs 100).
    	* Implemented these options:
    		* Filter kick messages
    		* Log status messages
    		* Automatically follow redirects
    		* Show timestamps in chat by default
    		* View status messages in main chat
    		* Show joins / parts in chat by default
    		* Only show joins / parts for favorite users
    		* Send unknown /commands to the hub
    		* Open new window when using /join
    		* Ignore private messages from offline users
    		* Open new private message windows in the background
    		* Open file list window in the background
    	* Added these commands: /away, /back, /clear, /close, /favorite, /getlist,
    	  /grant, /help, /join, /pm, /rebuild, /userlist

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Thanx for posting this howto
    registered linux user 406293, registered linux machine 311340 .
    registered ubuntu user 16130.

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast