Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Install LinuxDC++

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: HOWTO: Install LinuxDC++

I'm once again having problem with this.

The program will start, run for a bit of time, then simply close. I don't know if it's crashing, or closing of its own accord, or what, but it's frustrating to say the least!

I don't know where to access any information that may be helpful, so if you can tell me how I can post stuff.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Quote Originally Posted by djbon2112 View Post
    I'm once again having problem with this.

The program will start, run for a bit of time, then simply close. I don't know if it's crashing, or closing of its own accord, or what, but it's frustrating to say the least!

I don't know where to access any information that may be helpful, so if you can tell me how I can post stuff.
    I'm having the same problem. Some help would be useful.

Edit: It seems that I have somewhat found a solution. I followed the hashing progress and I noticed that the program crashed on certain files, which I think might've been corrupted. The solution then was simply to delete those files. Although it might be a bit tiresome, it worked, and LD++ is for sure a lot better than running DC++ in wine which uses about 1gig of ram on my system.
    Last edited by gfg; December 18th, 2007 at 08:29 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

I've heard of this situation before, but I'm not sure what causes it. In order to fix it I would need somebody to compile the latest cvs in debug mode then run in gdb and send me the output of "backtrace full" after it crashes.

Beans

I found out what's going on. Thanks all for your replies. I just had wrong routing table.
    The gateway for one of my routes was 0.0.0.0 when it had to be 10.9.23.254!

To all having connecting troubles:
    Pay attention to network and routing!

Beans
    Hidden!

Any advice on making hubs with many users (5000+) actually usable? I saw on the LDCPP tracker that there's a bug for crashing when connecting to such hubs. Mine doesn't crash, but it freezes and uses a lot of CPU. This happens to a smaller extent on hubs with fewer users (periodical small freezes), but it recovers.

I suppose it's doing "something" and that if I'd leave it it would eventually come out of the freeze, but it's just not usable like that. StrongDC in Wine works without a problem with 10,000+ users (except it also crashes for other reasons, so I can't use that either).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper

dcpp.net is down. when i enter the following command:

$ host dcpp.net

I get:
    dcpp.net has address 0.0.0.0

todd needs to get a new server!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hi all.

I'm having major problems with all versions of linuxdcpp on two separate systems both running ubuntu gutsy. The problem is basically that although I can connect to a hub and see peers (most of the time) and even download theire file listings, whenever I try to download a file from them it is just listed as "disconnected" even when I force a reconnect.

I am behind a router firewall but I have forwarded ports and tried connection mode on passive, firewalled and active but get nothing. I know the port is open because it can be pinged and scanned. Any ideas?

Sam

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Fixed it!

I had to remove the ~/.dc++ directory, start up linuxdcpp, change character encoding to the european one, and then reconnect to all my hubs. Works like a charm now!

Sam

Beans

Question Re: HOWTO: Install LinuxDC++

hi to all
    When ever i type
    sudo apt-get install linuxdcpp my system starts downloading ldcpp 0.0.1

but i want to install the latest version can any 1 help me with the repositeries.
    Thanks

Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast