Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Install LinuxDC++

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: HOWTO: Install LinuxDC++

Hey everone, just installed this, but when I go to share a folder, the program crashes. Anyone have any ideas? Using the latest one from your first post.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by djbon2112 View Post
    Hey everone, just installed this, but when I go to share a folder, the program crashes. Anyone have any ideas? Using the latest one from your first post.
    Are you sharing anything weird or unique (Networked share, huge files, etc.)? I've seen a crash that occurs when it tries to hash a file and encounters a disk read error on the hard drive. Could never figure it out... You can compile in debug mode and get a backtrace of the crash using the steps in the manual (link on 1st page) and paste the backtrace here in a code block.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Got it to work... It would fail if I clicked the folder I wanted to add (but not actually OPEN it) and pressed add. But opening the folder first then clicking add worked.

Weird... I'd submit a bug report or something but I don't even know what to do there! And I just used apt-get to install it so I have no idea how to recompile or anything!

Beans

Unhappy Re: HOWTO: Install LinuxDC++

Hello. I hope that I'm not duplicating someone's issue already fixed... If so, please give me a link, because I've searched really hard to find out what's happening,,,

Anyway, this is my issue.

I've installed linuxdcpp for deb and had this kind of issue: i can see all users, can chat with them, search for some files in search tab, but i can't download anything and filelists also.

The strange thing is that i've reinstalled windows 3 days ago (still have to use that innocent OS sometimes) and installed Flynik DC++ which worked well before I installed ubuntu and reinstalled win. So, i can't understand a thing now. It was working - but now it is not. As i see, it is not a client trouble.

Ah, almost forgot. I've just installed latest cvs version of linuxdcpp and still nothing.

I'm not very experienced user in DC - i use it not for very long time, so please help me understand what's wrong. BTW, I'm not sure which settings are right, so here are mine:

I specified nick,
    incoming connection settings:
    *Active - chosen
    external/wan ip: my network ip
    ports - nothing changed - they all are 0
    checked "Don't allow hub/UPnP to override"
    outgoing connection settings:
    *Direct connection - chosen
    my share is all right - 38 GB already hashed

Also i tried to specify logs - checked chat (just for test), system messages, status, etc.
    But they don't appear in my home directory. I have not .dc++ folder and it's not being created.

Please help me.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by hibernate View Post
    I've installed linuxdcpp for deb and had this kind of issue: i can see all users, can chat with them, search for some files in search tab, but i can't download anything and filelists also.

The strange thing is that i've reinstalled windows 3 days ago (still have to use that innocent OS sometimes) and installed Flynik DC++ which worked well before I installed ubuntu and reinstalled win. So, i can't understand a thing now. It was working - but now it is not. As i see, it is not a client trouble.
    Have you tried passive mode? It should work. It is possible that the windows client used upnp to forward the ports from your router to your computer. Linuxdcpp doesn't support this and if you are behind a NAT device you have to configure the forwarding manually.

Ah, almost forgot. I've just installed latest cvs version of linuxdcpp and still nothing.

I'm not very experienced user in DC - i use it not for very long time, so please help me understand what's wrong. BTW, I'm not sure which settings are right, so here are mine:

I specified nick,
    incoming connection settings:
    *Active - chosen
    external/wan ip: my network ip
    ports - nothing changed - they all are 0
    checked "Don't allow hub/UPnP to override"
    outgoing connection settings:
    *Direct connection - chosen
    my share is all right - 38 GB already hashed

But they don't appear in my home directory. I have not .dc++ folder and it's not being created.
    Well, most filemanagers don't show the hidden directories by default (the ones beginning with .) If it really isn't there something very weird has happened (Only things I could think of are HOME -environment var not set (and then it defaulted to /tmp/.dc++/ as far as I can remember) or no write permissions to the home dir.).

And about your settings. They are fine for the direct connection (incase there isn't a firewall blocking the connections), but if you are behind a NAT device you need to provide the ports and set up proper forwarding for the active mode to function.

--RZ

Beans

Unhappy Re: HOWTO: Install LinuxDC++

Razzloss, you're right. I found logs, thank you. Didn't know about hidden .* dirs. I tried to specify ports (411 for all protocols) and accessed a hub via 411 port, tried also passive connection - but still nothing. I was fully restarting dc each time i made changes to connections, so i think, i was doing right as you said. But still i am where i am. No downloading... Logs don't tell me a thing about that...

Beans

Tried passive connection today. It works for search and for retrieving file lists from some users (really few of them), but when i try to download something, it says disconnected - user is online all time...
    When i press force attempt, it requests many users for file lists (they must have that file as i understand) and they all have connection timeout...
    Does anyone know what's that? And what should i do?
    Last edited by hibernate; December 15th, 2007 at 07:32 PM.

Beans

EDIT: Never mind, I found a fix for my problem.
    Last edited by Windwielder; December 16th, 2007 at 01:36 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Tried passive connection today. It works for search and for retrieving file lists from some users (really few of them), but when i try to download something, it says disconnected - user is online all time...
    When i press force attempt, it requests many users for file lists (they must have that file as i understand) and they all have connection timeout...
    Does anyone know what's that? And what should i do?
    Passive users can only download from active users, not from other passive users. You're probably trying to download from passive users. Also, if you're going to specify a port make sure it's > 1023. In linux, ports <= 1023 require root in order to use and running linuxdcpp as root is not recommended.

Beans

2 stevensheehy:
    Thank you for the info about ports. But that's not it.
    I've all ports grater than even 2000.
    Linuxdcpp is too smart to let me download anything from passive users. They occur with brick wall in icon and my client doesn't even try to connect to them. The problem is that i had no troubles before.
    Just had windows installed with flylink which i didn't configure at all (my brother could do that, but now i can't know for sure). And i could download anything from anybody without a sound.
    But when i got pissed off with win, i've just formatted all, installed ubuntu and win (for some exidental case). So now i can't get right settings.
    Have no info about dc++ configuration thanks to my LAN ISP with those genius guys in the service.
    I found out the right router IP and tested the ports (got from one user) using some site which checks the correctness of ports by requesting server via them. It told me that TCP port is not right, and UDP is. It doesn't check TLS. I don't really know how is UDP transfered, but when i scan ports on any machine with UDP, i resps all reqs even if for TCP the port is closed. Could you please give me an advice because i can't download now a thing but filelists from some (really few) users.
    NOTE: i have really few passive users and i don't connect to them. Can download only filelists from some of active users (they must be the chosen ones ).
    Last edited by hibernate; December 17th, 2007 at 12:11 PM. Reason: had some missplelling - must be the 1:20 AM i wrote that :)

Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast