Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Install LinuxDC++

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Install LinuxDC++

I cant see the topics due to the character encodings. I've tried changing to UTF-8, CP1252 and ISO-8859-2, but I can't see the characters å, ä or ö... And if any message includes any of those characters, I recieve nothing at all.

For example, if someone writes: "Små hästar" to me, I would expect to recieve a message saying: "Sm? h?star", but I dont recieve any message at all. I recieve all messages that are not containing any of these characters perfectly.

And further if I write "Små hästar" in the chat window, I see the message displayed correctly on my screen, but everyone else sees the öäå replaced by two weird symbols each whom I can not even type =)

It is really annoying since I recieve important information through the hub topics. It would have been fine if I recieved the messages as "Sm? h?star" because I would have been able to figure the message out anyway, but the WHOLE message gets discarded...

Has anyone had the same problems? How do I deal with it? Are certain characters not compatible with the application?
    Thanks
    /ManqueM

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Quote Originally Posted by ManqueM View Post
    I cant see the topics due to the character encodings. I've tried changing to UTF-8, CP1252 and ISO-8859-2, but I can't see the characters å, ä or ö... And if any message includes any of those characters, I recieve nothing at all.

For example, if someone writes: "Små hästar" to me, I would expect to recieve a message saying: "Sm? h?star", but I dont recieve any message at all. I recieve all messages that are not containing any of these characters perfectly.

And further if I write "Små hästar" in the chat window, I see the message displayed correctly on my screen, but everyone else sees the öäå replaced by two weird symbols each whom I can not even type =)

It is really annoying since I recieve important information through the hub topics. It would have been fine if I recieved the messages as "Sm? h?star" because I would have been able to figure the message out anyway, but the WHOLE message gets discarded...

Has anyone had the same problems? How do I deal with it? Are certain characters not compatible with the application?
    Thanks
    /ManqueM
    same problem..

older releases (month or two ago) its ok.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Yeps... Seeing same here... also same with some times with file searches including those letters...

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Hi,
    I just downloaded it and compiled without errors, but if I try to run it (both as normal user and root) I get the following error message:

Code:
    GThread-ERROR **: file gthread-posix.c: line 140 (): error 'Function not implemented' during 'pthread_getschedparam (pthread_self(), &policy, &sched)'
    aborting...
    Aborted (core dumped)
    Strangely I get the same problem by running aMule (I compiled that too without error so I guess it is a system-wide problem).

I have Kubuntu 7.04 (I upgraded the kernel to 2.6.22) on an Intel Core 2 Duo.

Any suggestion on how can I solve the problem (I tried to google around first, but without result).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

linuxDC++ made it into the gutsy repositories ^_^

on your problem, you could try to install/reinstall libglib-dev.
    i don't know if that's the problem though.

oh and by the way, why upgrade your kernel to 2.6.22 and still stick with 7.04....
    Upgrade all to gutsy then

Be sure to backup all important stuff though, as always =)
    Last edited by 4tro; September 13th, 2007 at 06:43 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by emeyer View Post
    Regarding the ability for LinuxDC++ to accept and display hub-specific right-click commands, as DC++ for Windows does:

Has anyone created such a patch?
    Yes, look for it sometime soon.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by 4tro View Post
    linuxDC++ made it into the gutsy repositories ^_^

on your problem, you could try to install/reinstall libglib-dev.
    i don't know if that's the problem though.
    I tried to re-install libglib-dev, but without success.

(Un)fortunately I had other issues that forced me to reinstall Kubuntu and now I took the opportunity to install it directly from Adept (and it is working).

Thank anyway for the answer.

oh and by the way, why upgrade your kernel to 2.6.22 and still stick with 7.04.... Upgrade all to gutsy then
    Be sure to backup all important stuff though, as always =)
    As far as I understood 7.04 is the the latest stable release and Gutsy is the testing ground for the next release. Am I right?

I got the the 2.6.22 kernel just to upgrade it specifically, but for the rest of the system I would like to stick with the stable releases (unless I have specific reasons to upgrade specific packets).

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by superdif View Post
    I tried to re-install libglib-dev, but without success.

(Un)fortunately I had other issues that forced me to reinstall Kubuntu and now I took the opportunity to install it directly from Adept (and it is working).

Thank anyway for the answer.

As far as I understood 7.04 is the the latest stable release and Gutsy is the testing ground for the next release. Am I right?

I got the the 2.6.22 kernel just to upgrade it specifically, but for the rest of the system I would like to stick with the stable releases (unless I have specific reasons to upgrade specific packets).
    good reasoning ^_^
    in another month gutsy is going to be unleashed to the unsuspecting world =)

Beans
    Distro

in another month gutsy is going to be unleashed to the unsuspecting world =)
    Oh my good!!!! Oh my good!!!! I must warn the wor ............... who are those penguins in black that are approaching my house?!?!?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by superdif View Post
    Oh my good!!!! Oh my good!!!! I must warn the wor ............... who are those penguins in black that are approaching my house?!?!?
    they are the "non-free software elimination squad" coming to clean the neighbourhood
    on a slightly more serious note: you know linuxDC++ doesn't compile on Red Hat Linux 3.2.2-5? bwahahaha
    (I must say I'm slightly unable to grasp the red hat versioning system)
    Last edited by 4tro; September 16th, 2007 at 08:44 AM.

Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast