Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Install LinuxDC++

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: HOWTO: Install LinuxDC++

Quote Originally Posted by stevensheehy View Post
    You're probably using a reserved port. Linux treats ports 0-1023 as reserved and require root access in order to modify. Set the ports you're using to > 1023 in the preferences.
    You're right. Thanks for the fast reply

Beans

I tried the other threads with instructions on how to install linuxdc++, even tried dc++ on wine, but only this thread resulted in a linuxdcpp that actually works...sort of. my files were hashed correctly, I can connect to hubs, but I can't search.

In preferences, when I go to the Connection tab, both of the ports listed, TCP and UDP are greater than 1023.

And I get this in terminal.

Code:
    (linuxdcpp:27138): Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()

(linuxdcpp:27138): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_text_buffer_emit_insert: assertion `g_utf8_validate (text, len, NULL)' failed

(linuxdcpp:27138): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to set text from markup due to error parsing markup: Error on line 1 char 17: Invalid UTF-8 encoded text

(linuxdcpp:27138): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_text_buffer_emit_insert: assertion `g_utf8_validate (text, len, NULL)' failed

(linuxdcpp:27138): Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()
    I know the other previous posts were about this, but the ports are greater than 1023...

I'm completely new to linux, so be gentle

Beans

If you are getting this error: "Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_text_buffer_emit_insert: assertion `g_utf8_validate (text, len, NULL)
    Segmentation fault (core dumped)' failed", just before you start download, make sure that you are NOT trying to save downloaded data to NTFS partition. And also that you are NOT sharing any data stored on NTFS partitions.
    Last edited by schade; June 2nd, 2007 at 03:35 PM.

Beans

Thanks for the tip, but I don't even get up to that point, because I can't search and therefore I can't download anything. Plus, I checked and it's not set to save to that part...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by pinknyunyu View Post
    Thanks for the tip, but I don't even get up to that point, because I can't search and therefore I can't download anything. Plus, I checked and it's not set to save to that part...
    That utf8 validate error usually just means that it couldn't convert some text. You can try adjusting the charset of the hub to reduce those, but it's normal to see some of those errors even with the correct hub charset.

As far as not being able to search, try setting to passive or configuring it properly for active by reading some guides.

Beans

Thanks! I changed my connection type to passive and now itś working fine.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Current version doesn't seem to work too well... I need just to connect to some hub and LinuxDC++ starts to eat up memory and CPU... I closed it at 500megabytes, which took only like minute to get there, wnd I didn't even relaly done anythign yet.

Beans
    Hidden!

ubuntu feisty, svn compiled 4 hours ago.

I get almost no hits in search. ports are forwarded and dyndns is enabled and works well. I get 16 hits for a band...but should get at least 150 hits according to others. another guy on the hub uses linuxdc++ as well and says his version is about 2 months old and it works well for him.

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 3.7M 2007-03-24 11:59 /usr/local/bin/linuxdcpp

that's when he checked out...

hub is running verlihub 0.9.8.d custom modded.

also, when I do a search for whatever band I get xx hits. then I cancel the search and search for the same band again...and get 0 hits. then I press reconnect and it reconnects me to the hub...and says connected...and shows me as the only user in the userlist. no iptables, no firewall, forwarded ports.

I'm browsable and I can upload. weird...

what could this be?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

PLease check your CPU and memoryusage too, I am having also those side-effects on my problem...

Beans
    Hidden!

Code:
    PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND
     8740 fish      17   1  143m  29m  16m S  2.3  6.1   3:46.02 linuxdcpp
    Naw, no problem on that...but search is ****** up.

Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast