Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Install LinuxDC++

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Re: HOWTO: Install LinuxDC++

Quote Originally Posted by Jellyffs View Post
    @platinummonkey

Submit this issue on IRC: #linuxdcpp on freenode channel. It will be easier to sort out the pb for the developers.

Alex.
    Actually it's #linuxdc++. But anyways, I'm a developer and have no idea why he has those issues. Might try seeing if it does it when using metacity instead of beryl. I also saw this problem before when Assistive Technology Support was enabled on Edgy, but I don't see where Dapper has ATS so... Might also want to try starting ldcpp with a new profile (~/.dc++).

Beans

Thank you stevensheehy!

I was previously struggling along with Valknut. It would install correctly, hash files OK & connect to servers fine - but after a short while of my downloads running they would all just stop.

Furthermore users trying to connect to me would receive the error "DC Client does not fully support TTH" - I don't even know what that is!

Anyway I found your thread and followed it step by step. The program deployed correctly & works great, it's also more ascetically pleasing to the eye.

Cheers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

i'm having a weird issue starting LinuxDCPP.
    every time i start ldcpp a terminal starts and when i close it my linuxdcpp will close as well, though i expected ldcpp to stop when i close that terminal, it shouldn't show up in the first place in my opinion, just updated the source a few minutes ago.

Beans
    Hidden!

Any help with translations needed? German? Uhm...

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Last edited by gav616; March 16th, 2007 at 03:36 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by stokedfish View Post
    Any help with translations needed? German? Uhm...
    Yes, we will definitely need help. Unfortunately, I'm still trying to add translation support to the code. The dcpp core is a major source of headache since it will not work with gettext without major modifications. I will post to ldcpp's mailing list asking for translations when it is ready.

Quote Originally Posted by gav616
    ADC is implemented and fully working in DC++ (and thus LinuxDC++). There's only a handful of actual hubs that run ADC, though (check out the ADC specific public hub list).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Exclamation Re: HOWTO: Install LinuxDC++

hi guys, I use the last version of linuxdc++ but i've a problem.. many users can't download a few of my files, the upload-bar stand to Connecting and upload doesn't start, i've open all dc++ ports on firewall and try to use the passive mode but nothing happen; i've noticed that the same users can download only a few of my files but not others.. anyone have this problem?
    Last edited by obbe; March 18th, 2007 at 08:29 PM.

Beans

hy I'm on feisty cannot find this AST (my menu is in italian, but nothing even similar to that) where should I loock for it, and what happens when I swich it of (just in case I'll find it)

ok found it where it was supposed to be
    Last edited by naseem; March 22nd, 2007 at 08:58 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I was playing around with python the other night and I ended up writing a share checker/searcher script (for checking/searching your own share), anyone have an idea where I could possibly publish it? (some forum, wiki or something for example) In case someone else might like to use it as well?

Steve and the others, thanks for the great work, keep it up!
    Reality is what you make of it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by stoft View Post
    I was playing around with python the other night and I ended up writing a share checker/searcher script (for checking/searching your own share), anyone have an idea where I could possibly publish it? (some forum, wiki or something for example) In case someone else might like to use it as well?

Steve and the others, thanks for the great work, keep it up!
    You can send it to our mailing list, if you'd like (the list allows sending without having to register first). You can also post it here in this thread (in a code iframe).

Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast