Thread: Bluetooth and Skype: No Audio, No DUN

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Bluetooth and Skype: No Audio, No DUN

Bluetooth and and Skype have been giving me some trouble where neither did in Oneiric.

First problem, and one that is more likely to affect more users, is that although I can connect to my Motorola H730 headset for audio applications and redirect the audio fine in Precise, Skype will only use my notebook's audio hardware. Using Skype with the little condensor mics in notebooks is usually pretty horrible.

Second problem, is that though I can connect to my N900 (Setup, Pair, and Trust) through either the system bluetooth or the alternate Blueman application, I cannot get it to connect to dialup networking through Bluetooth to save my life. This too was fine in Oneiric. It says 111 Connection Refused now IIRC

I'd be happy to work with any advice on providing the right logs, info etc to the community. I'm not convinced I have enough here to file a launchpad bug anyone would pay attention to at this point however.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Re: Bluetooth and Skype: No Audio, No DUN

Quote Originally Posted by tehowe View Post
    Bluetooth and and Skype have been giving me some trouble where neither did in Oneiric.

First problem, and one that is more likely to affect more users, is that although I can connect to my Motorola H730 headset for audio applications and redirect the audio fine in Precise, Skype will only use my notebook's audio hardware. Using Skype with the little condensor mics in notebooks is usually pretty horrible.

Second problem, is that though I can connect to my N900 (Setup, Pair, and Trust) through either the system bluetooth or the alternate Blueman application, I cannot get it to connect to dialup networking through Bluetooth to save my life. This too was fine in Oneiric. It says 111 Connection Refused now IIRC

I'd be happy to work with any advice on providing the right logs, info etc to the community. I'm not convinced I have enough here to file a launchpad bug anyone would pay attention to at this point however.
    Sadly I also have this exact problem with skype. I will let you know if I can find a solution.