Thread: Lubuntu - can't load restricted addons

Beans

Lubuntu - can't load restricted addons

Hello,

I'm on Lubuntu Oneiric on a eeePC. Need to get flash for Chromium, so I'm trying to load lubuntu-restricted-addons through Synaptic. Keep getting the following error:

Code:
    W: Échec de la récupération de http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/c/chromium-browser/chromium-codecs-ffmpeg-extra_17.0.963.56~r121963-0ubuntu0.11.10.1_i386.deb
      404  Not Found [IP*: 91.189.92.166 80]

W: Échec de la récupération de http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/multiverse/f/flashplugin-nonfree/flashplugin-installer_11.1.102.62ubuntu0.11.10.2_i386.deb
      404  Not Found [IP*: 91.189.92.166 80]
    Anyone know how I fix this? Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Lubuntu - can't load restricted addons

Has this been going on for a long time? It is possible that the server is having a problem, and it might work later on or tomorrow.

Also, in Synaptic in the window for setting up your package sources, you can tell it to go to a different server. You could try that.

I gather your internet connection is working normally? Obviously, you can't download anything if the connection isn't there.
    Michael

Beans

hi,

have you tried to download flash from Adobe's site?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by audiomick View Post
    Has this been going on for a long time? It is possible that the server is having a problem, and it might work later on or tomorrow.

Also, in Synaptic in the window for setting up your package sources, you can tell it to go to a different server. You could try that.

I gather your internet connection is working normally? Obviously, you can't download anything if the connection isn't there.
    Hi. Thanks for the response. I also thought that maybe the server was down, but it's been like that for a day and a half, so I thought it would have been back up by now. I'll keep trying though. And I'll try a different server too. Never done that before, but I imagine that I can figure out how to do it.

Internet connection is fine.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

the one time I tried lubuntu it wouldn't do the restricted addons either.

Beans

Tried a few other servers. Still no go.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

peppermint has no such problems -- it takes lubuntu and goes one better -- try it yourself!
    Nonsense is an assertion of man's spiritual freedom in spite of all the oppressions of circumstance-- Aldous Huxley
    The real power of Linux lies in the command line

Beans

I don't know if it helps, but I installed the restricted addons and extras from the package manager today. I used a Canadian server. Maybe just keep trying a few servers...