Running 10.04: upgrade now or wait a month?
I am running 10.04 and it has recently occurred to me that it would probably be good to upgrade. Nothing in particular is broken, although it would be nice to upgrade Firefox past version 3.
At this point though, should I just wait until 12.04 LTS comes out? I am already on an LTS version and I read in another forum that the direct 10.04 -> 12.04 upgrade will work more or less "automatically" when it does come out.
Is this true? Presently my update manager only gives me an option to upgrade to 10.10, which leads me to believe I'm in for a long haul of updating 10.10 - 11.04 - 11.10 before I can finally get the new LTS version.
If I just wait at this point, will it be lots easier?
Tags for this Thread