Thread: Remote Desktop Support

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Remote Desktop Support

Oftentimes, I need to do support for clients and it would be very helpful to have some sort of Remote Desktop Support. Is there an open source equivalent of desktop sharing / meeting / desktop support software?

Would love to have my clients sign onto my server through a web page, then we can share desktops and I could take over their desktop with their permission.

It would have to work on an Ubuntu server and support various Windows, Apple / Mac and maybe even Linux flavors. Support for Android would be a huge plus.

Any suggestions?
    Impari Systems, Inc
    http://www.imparisystems.com

Beans
    Distro

Re: Remote Desktop Support

I believe the included Gnome "Remote Desktop" application works quite well. It is a VNC client, so that would work with any OS, allowing them to connect and see your screen.

It also includes SSH, VNC, and RDP for connecting to other shares, so you could easily connect to another Windows or Linux system.

Beans
    Distro

Thanks, but what I would really love is a shared web page so I don't have to be running a specific computer and can just direct them there so I can get onto their computer.
    Impari Systems, Inc
    http://www.imparisystems.com

Beans
    Distro

For free or paid?

Webex is 100% Web and all os'es.

But not free.

If not, TeamViewer (free non-commercial) can help you too. You have some web-options con thin clients with direct run - no install.