Thread: Can't right click, trying for days (Ubuntu 11.10, MBA 4,1)

Beans

Can't right click, trying for days (Ubuntu 11.10, MBA 4,1)

Hey guys,
    I have recently installed Ubuntu 11.10 on my MacBook Air (2001 model), sadly I cannot get it to right click, I have tried every single guide I can see on the Internet, and attempted to troubleshoot every single one, I generally get through about 3/4 of the errors, before a major one comes up and stumps me.

Attempted the bcm5974, mouseemu, bcm5974-patch, bcm5974-dkms, and a bunch of other things, those the the first few that come to mind.

When I attempted the bcm5974-dkms one, I get a major error regarding hid (1.0.6 I think), I don't have it in front of me right now, but tomorrow I should be able to give you accurate error messages.

If anyone can suggest anything new, that would be amazing,right now I don't care if my touchpad doesn't work exactly the same as a MACs, I just want to be able tonight click, even if that means holding down a key and clicking.

Thanks for reading this far, I really hope you can help, thank you.

Whoops, quick edit, it's late here,and I'm going to sleep now, I have school with free periods first tomorrow, so I'll check back up on this then, I just don't want anyone to think I'm being rude if I don't reply, also sorry for any incorrect spelling and grammar, on my iPad and the autocorrect kills me sometimes.
    Last edited by awestom; March 6th, 2012 at 01:11 PM.

Beans

Re: Can't right click, trying for days (Ubuntu 11.10, MBA 4,1)

I'm 99.99% sure you've tried this, but just to make sure...
    Have you gone into the mouse and touchpad settings and selected "two-finger scrolling?"
    I had this same problem until I did this.

Beans

Re: Can't right click, trying for days (Ubuntu 11.10, MBA 4,1)

Quote Originally Posted by wesleycj View Post
    I'm 99.99% sure you've tried this, but just to make sure...
    Have you gone into the mouse and touchpad settings and selected "two-finger scrolling?"
    I had this same problem until I did this.
    My 'system settings' only has a 'mouse' option, not 'mouse and touchpad' just 'mouse'

I also ran the oneiric script, and have completely lost my my touchpad now, I have to use a usb mouse for it to work.