Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Boot Manager missing after Windows 8

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Beans
    2

    Boot Manager missing after Windows 8

    Hello, I decided recently to try out Windows 8 consumer preview, this was at the perfect timing because I had also decided to do a re-install of Windows 7, anyways, all installations went ok until I rebooted only to find that the grub menu no longer showed up and there was no way of accessing my Ubuntu side of my computer, the windows 8 was installed on the same partition as Windows 7 and I have verified that the Ubuntu partition is still in place on the computer,
    please help and thank you.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Philippines
    Beans
    42
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

    Re: Boot Manager missing after Windows 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Reddameino View Post
    Hello, I decided recently to try out Windows 8 consumer preview, this was at the perfect timing because I had also decided to do a re-install of Windows 7, anyways, all installations went ok until I rebooted only to find that the grub menu no longer showed up and there was no way of accessing my Ubuntu side of my computer, the windows 8 was installed on the same partition as Windows 7 and I have verified that the Ubuntu partition is still in place on the computer,
    please help and thank you.
    Install your grub again Try this link:
    https://www.facebook.com/note.php?no...80733381981929

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Beans
    2

    Re: Boot Manager missing after Windows 8

    Thank you it worked didnt have the thought process of booting from a live disk which is pretty stupid of me, so THANK YOU kind sir!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Somewhere down the road
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: Boot Manager missing after Windows 8

    Quote Originally Posted by acc61287 View Post
    Install your grub again Try this link:
    https://www.facebook.com/note.php?no...80733381981929
    oi may fb ka din para dito nice job sir....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Philippines
    Beans
    42
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

    Talking Re: Boot Manager missing after Windows 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Script Warlock View Post
    oi may fb ka din para dito nice job sir....
    Salamat! Meron pa sa mga notes ko, mag lalagay pa ko ng ibang tutorial

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •