Thread: live cd crash

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

live cd crash

Is it any indication of a problem if a live cd of 11.10 32bit desktop crashes when in trial mode? I have been running Ubuntu for years but never have had crashes of the live cd before. Is there a precedent or a common thread that gives the impression that if the live cd crashes there's a good chance the installed version would do the same? Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: live cd crash

Quote Originally Posted by cornflake000 View Post
    Is it any indication of a problem if a live cd of 11.10 32bit desktop crashes when in trial mode? I have been running Ubuntu for years but never have had crashes of the live cd before. Is there a precedent or a common thread that gives the impression that if the live cd crashes there's a good chance the installed version would do the same? Thanks.
    If Ubuntu 11.10 crashes while in the trial mode, the Installed version will likely do the same. Try an older version of Ubuntu, like 11.04, and see if that works.
    Say no to Microsoft. Say yes to open source.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: live cd crash

Thanks. I have have been running Lynx on this machine since Lynx was in development. It runs without a hitch. This is the first time I have run one of the later versions on it and was surprised by the glitch with the live cd. I run later versions on other machines and no problems. This box is not that old as far as hardware, P4, 4 gig ram, 64bit capable. I run 64bit 2.6.32.38 kernel with Lynx in one partition and 3.0.0.12 kernel running Bodhi/lynx on another.

It's strange to me. Oh well.... I'll give 11.04 a try but even if it did work it would not be a reasonable long term solution since it would be a dead end with the the new LTS about to come out. If the 11. versions don't work I suppose there will be no new Ubuntus on this machine.
    Last edited by cornflake000; March 7th, 2012 at 05:58 PM.