Thread: Keyboard at login prompt

Beans

Keyboard at login prompt

I upgraded ubuntu from 10.04 to version 12. Now at the logon prompt i have a big keyboard layout on the screen below the login prompt. how do i get rid of this.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Keyboard at login prompt

1. Log into your Ubuntu account.
    2. Right-click your username in the upper-right corner of the top toolbar on your screen.
    3. Look for and right-click "System Settings". If it isn't on the menu, right-click directly to the right of your username on the toolbar. "System Settings" should be listed at the top of this menu.
    4. Select "Keyboard" in the window.
    5. Select "Layout Settings" in the lower-left corner of the next window.
    6. Choose your settings. Click "Options" in the lower-right corner to further customize your keyboard settings. If you'd like, you can choose to program individual key combinations to automatically change the keyboard layout/settings for you.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Keyboard at login prompt

I am doing this from memory because I cannot stop what I am doing to log out and log back in to test my suggestion.

At the log in screen click a little icon on the top panel that looks like a person with their arms out-stretched. Use the option there to remove the decision to have an on-screen keyboard at log in. It is a universal access option.

Regards
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530