Thread: Remote Access without port forwarding/modifying network firewall

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Remote Access without port forwarding/modifying network firewall

We currently have a several Ubuntu 10.04 machines set up as basic information kiosks at different retail locations. At most of these locations we are able to forward a port to our machine so we can remotely access the kiosk at any time. This is not the case at all of our properties.

We're ideally looking for something like LogMeIn where we can install an application on the remote machine that would allow us to remote access these machines even when we can't forward a port or modify the locations network firewall. The problem with LogMeIn is that it does not currently support Ubuntu.

We'd like the program running 24/7 in the background without user interaction. We don't want to have to call each location asking them to go to a certain website or run a program each time..

Does anyone have any recommendations for what we can use? I've been searching and will continue to search, just wondering what the community recommends! Thanks!

Beans

Re: Remote Access without port forwarding/modifying network firewall

Quote Originally Posted by m3bik View Post
    We currently have a several Ubuntu 10.04 machines set up as basic information kiosks at different retail locations. At most of these locations we are able to forward a port to our machine so we can remotely access the kiosk at any time. This is not the case at all of our properties.

We're ideally looking for something like LogMeIn where we can install an application on the remote machine that would allow us to remote access these machines even when we can't forward a port or modify the locations network firewall. The problem with LogMeIn is that it does not currently support Ubuntu.

We'd like the program running 24/7 in the background without user interaction. We don't want to have to call each location asking them to go to a certain website or run a program each time..

Does anyone have any recommendations for what we can use? I've been searching and will continue to search, just wondering what the community recommends! Thanks!

Hello friend

The first, sorry for my bad English

I have a Ubuntu with teamviewer and work fine for me

http://www.teamviewer.com/es/download/index.aspx

You can configure it for run automatically

Try it and comment us

Best regards
    Last edited by kenoby31; March 5th, 2012 at 04:07 PM.