Thread: Power Point

Beans

Power Point

Is there a program out there that i can draw design and manipulate pictures like Power Point? Gimp is too hard and i have tried Pinta though it is easier than gimp it is still a bit more difficult.

Beans

Re: Power Point

gimp is pretty great, once you get the hang of it, but ya, there's a bit of a counter-intuitiveness about it.

Free office or libreoffice should take over where ppt left off. If you need something more complicated, describe what you're trying to draw, and we'll find something for you. Linux with all that stuff, from the simple, to the less simple

Beans

I just want to be able to layer some pictures and add Word art ect that kind of stuff. For instance if i was going to make a quick flyer. These other gimp like stuff is too complex. i am down with the KISS method. Keep It Simple Stupid.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by BEARSPIDER View Post
    I just want to be able to layer some pictures and add Word art ect that kind of stuff. For instance if i was going to make a quick flyer. These other gimp like stuff is too complex. i am down with the KISS method. Keep It Simple Stupid.
    I would recommend inkscape, then import the drawing to LibreOffice. I would say Inkscape was fairly simple, but that's me. If not, there's always Tux Paint.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Libre Office Impress is the default presentation software.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors